Two Worlds II

All you need to know about the IGN "PC" review is that the reviewer is complaining about the controls on his controller

All you need to know about the IGN "PC" review is that the reviewer is complaining about the controls on his controller

That's all you need to know about IGN in general. User reviews are far more useful than any "professional" reviews.

God, why did I buy this? I keep getting a 'game not properly installed' message from steam on launch.

Yeah, it all verified.

Sounds dumb but did you try rebooting your comp? I've had a few games that I bought and installed on Steam (including Two Worlds) that won't load until I reboot for some reason. Especially games that install that Physics 1.0 thing.

Sounds dumb but did you try rebooting your comp? I've had a few games that I bought and installed on Steam (including Two Worlds) that won't load until I reboot for some reason. Especially games that install that Physics 1.0 thing.

I didn't feel like rebooting before but I'll give it a try next time, thanks.

First, I love the original Two Worlds. It was buggy as hell, the interface was maddening, low performance, crappy animations and the plot/quests/options were highly confusing. But it was quite fun. Too bad I never finished it.

I just played a few hours of the game, and it's great. It has none of the buggy feeling the original had, and it runs extremely well. I've maxed it out at 2560x1600 and the lowest FPS I've seen was about 70. That's not to say the graphics are sub-par, it's quite brilliant. The huge, luscious fields are quite breathtaking sometimes. I'm enjoying the combat as melee, although it can get a bit repetitive, as all you really need to do is keep clicking. Unfortunately the interface is still horrible, the world map is highly confusing, the lack of pointing to waypoints, legends, etc make it a chore. The inventory management system is also horrible, items' icons are needlessly huge, forcing the players to scroll up and down constantly.

The voice acting isn't bad, I thought it was pretty good actually. Except for that woman in red that ordered to save you from prison (forgot her name).

Oh, and what's this controversy about the main island not being part of singleplayer? Is this true? The middle mainland is the biggest island in the game, and is about 3/4 of the entire worldmap. We don't access 3/4 of the worldmap in singleplayer? Is this another attempt to separate us with our money through some "DLCs"?

$39.99 for this new title Dungeons is perfectly acceptable, but look at the fuss kicked up.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1720905

Huh? Since when did brand new titles start costing twenty dollars? The production values for this are high, the game is deep - a somewhat picky strategy review site has already awarded this title an 8.5. I mean seriously, are gamers now going to start bitching about forty dollar price tags?

come on, realistically it is a 1/2 year old title, and has been available for a couple of months on the go gamer site. In fact it can be had there now on special for $29.90. Steam price IMO is too high for now. Frankly I don't see staged releases working for anybody, and I have to wonder why they did it. They really loose out on the buzz when it is available in only part of the world.

come on, realistically it is a 1/2 year old title, and has been available for a couple of months on the go gamer site. In fact it can be had there now on special for $29.90. Steam price IMO is too high for now. Frankly I don't see staged releases working for anybody, and I have to wonder why they did it. They really loose out on the buzz when it is available in only part of the world.

The scale, the scale, the scale... a sea of negativity over a game selling for $39.99. The complaining in that thread at Steam is ludicrous. Ludicrous.

Is there a demo for this game, or perhaps plans for one? I'm trying to decide whether to get this or Divinity 2 DKS because frankly, that game won me over with it's demo. This one looks interesting too but I'm not sure I want to get it sight unseen. Or maybe I should just wait for a sale on both and get them together for the price of one.

Is there a demo for this game, or perhaps plans for one? I'm trying to decide whether to get this or Divinity 2 DKS because frankly, that game won me over with it's demo. This one looks interesting too but I'm not sure I want to get it sight unseen. Or maybe I should just wait for a sale on both and get them together for the price of one.

Yeah, there is a demo, but you need to get the full game and start "demo mode"....

ah, sorry about the confusion, I thought this was a two worlds II thread....

ah, sorry about the confusion, I thought this was a two worlds II thread....

It is a Two Worlds 2 thread... obviously... but if you'll re-read what I wrote in my post you'll see why I linked to the Dungeons thread. It's pretty clear actually. It's like you didn't even read a word of what I wrote.

Even when you quoted me above, it clearly says Dungeons right there.

I guess, at this point, that I could re-write what I wrote above, and step through my reasoning and explain why I was posting about Dungeons in a thread about Two Worlds Two, but since you clearly didn't read what I wrote the first time, I have pretty legitimate doubts that you're going to pay too much attention to this either. :rolleyes:

another bad game with die hard fans raving about it. just like the gothic series! ;)

Just a heads up, homies, opting out of the steam beta (and losing screenshot functionality through steam) solved my issue of the game not starting.

4. Combat options seem fairly limited, I went with a melee character and had to pick up a shield since everything hurt a whole lot. Now I have maybe 2 abilities I can activate, neither of which is particularly better than autoattack.

You can weapon block, too. Get some points in Defensive Stance to reduce the damage you take when blocking. Then practice blocking and counterattacking and you'll be good to go. Polearms and staves are crazy effective in this game. They're fast, have long range, and the counterattack is a Radial Barrage (3-hit AOE spin move).

Back