Two wireless routers

streetkid

Gawd
My current wireless setup is real simple. The cable modem and router are in my parents room, I have a single computer in my room with a PCI adapter and theres another computer downstairs with a USB adapter.

This is fine and stuff, but recently I put together another computer for myself that I want to have in my room. Now in order to get it on the network i'll need another wireless adapter.. I dont want to buy another wireless adapter. Now, I just happen to have a spare wireless router that I can use, if possible. What I want to do is set up this 2nd wireless router in my room and then using cat5 cable hook both my computers into it and then have that router accessing the internet from the wireless router/cable in my parents room. My question is how do I go about doing this, also the routers are different brands (linksys, belkin). I tried lookin in google but I'm having a hard time coming up with search terms, before I know it I have a huge sentence in google and nothing relevent comes up.

That will only work if the second router have a client mode. If it doesn't then thats not going to work.

BUTT...
You can do internet connection sharing with you're main pc and link the two..

I dont know the answer but im asking also because I want to do the same,

Would an Wireless Accesspoint work for this situation ?

Back