Two sets of speakers?

Viperman5000

Weaksauce
Is it possible to have two sets of 2.1 speakers playing at the same time, connected to the same source? Like, if I use a normal splitter? Theorhetically, it sounds like it would work.

I was thinking the other day; is it possible to have two sets of Z-5500s playing at the same time. Do they make a splitter for that? Like I'll have a 10.2 system.

Viperman5000 said:
I was thinking the other day; is it possible to have two sets of Z-5500s playing at the same time. Do they make a splitter for that? Like I'll have a 10.2 system.

Yeah it can be done, you'll need three Y splitters, but you'll still only have 5.1 since there still only 6 discrete sources.

I use two sets of speakers but connect Klipsch Promedia 2.1 to front channel and Monsoon Planar9 2.1 to rear channel for 4.2 channel sound.

Viperman5000 said:

This was a very popular question for the Z-680's as their typical RMA response was to make you send a pod back and then you got a whole new set of speakers. So you ended up with one pod and two sets of speakers. Some ingenious fellow figured out a way to split the connection going to the subwoofer.

But if you got two pods, that's a much easier proposition.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your meaning, but if you're talking about hooking multiple sets of speakers to the output of one amp, you could be asking for trouble. In that type of setup, additional speakers will lower the impedance of the speaker circuit, causing the amp to work harder. Most amps have a spec of the lowest impedance they can safely drive (6-8ohms common for home stuff) - go lower than that and you can kill the amp.

Back