Two Player Game Reccomendations

Well, that's entirely too broad a question.

However, here are some that I like:

CRAWL (pseudo co-op / vs mixture)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Wizard of Legend
Terraria
Borderlands Series
System Shock 2
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
Pixeljunk Shooter Deluxe
Sundered (I haven't tried it yet in co-op, but they added it. Love the game in general.)
No Man's Sky
Nex Machina

I don't have it yet, but River City Girls looks fun.

Divinity Original sin 1 & 2
Bordelands series seconded
Civilization series
Diablo 3
You can also play online games like Destiny2 or the Division in co-op

Thanks for the reccomendations! It was a bit to broad.

I am looking to get a friend into gaming. They only have a macbook at the moment. I will have a PC. Not really interested in any battle royale type games or MMORPGs. Looking for something fun to play that doest necessarliy require a huge time commitment and can be played pretty cassually.

Has anyone tried Unravel or Unravel 2?

Haven't played those, though they do look fun.

I would hop on Steam, and filter by Mac and co-op. That would give you a pretty good start. Borderlands runs on the Mac, so there's one thing. It's a shooter and action RPG, but on the "lite"er side of both genres. It's easy to get into, and pretty addictive. Could be just the thing.

Monaco is a ton of fun. It's a heist game with multiple classes. You break into places and steal things. Each character can do different types of things. Hacking, breaking through walls, crawling through vents, distraction, etc. It's overhead, and very easy to get into, and controls are easy and transparent.

Hide the Salami is a good one.

Also,

Counterstrike
Borderlands series
Diablo series
Twisted Metal 2 for the PS
Champions of Norrath for the PS2
Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale series
Neverwinter Nights
Dungeon Seige 1 & 2
Sacred

Last edited:
+ 1 for the divinity original sin series, amazing coop experience for both of them.

M.U.L.E.
Archon
Wizard of Wor
Combat
Final Fight

(if you're willing to play the classics)

Actually, my brother and I have been on a new kick lately. We drink a nice whiskey and play old golf games. Everything from Power Golf on the TurboGrafx up through the newest Mario Golf, and everything in between. (Neo Geo has some good ones.) Even if golf makes you want to vomit, playing video-game-golf with some alcohol is fun as hell.

Also, Light Cycle matches on Tron 2.0 are fun. (I doubt the Mac is supported though...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried Unravel or Unravel 2?

Played the first Unravel game. It was fun puzzle platformer. Only the second game has co-op though.

Portal 2 was great co-op.

Jackbox games are great for a group. Picture bored games you can play with the whole family. Everyone can use their own phones or other devices even.

Overcooked 1 & 2 is great fun.

Rocket League is 3vs3 soccer but with cars.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. One of you disarms a bomb while the other goes through the manual.

Castle Crashers for that old school beat'em up like Double Dragon or River City Ransom.

Diablo 3 doesn't require a lot of skill and can be fun with friends.

Thanks for all the reccomendations!

I think the first ones we are going to try are:

Keep talking and nobody explodes
Overcook 2
portal 2 (one of my all time favorite games)

I now have a much longer list of games to try as well.

Gears of War series for sure.
Perfect Dark on Xbox/N64.
A Way Out on PS4
Overcooked games.

Back