Two new 43" 4K TVs on the way

I don't see myself buying a HDMI 2.0 60 Hz screen at this point if it's just going to be superceded by a HDMI 2.1 hopefully supporting 120 Hz refresh rates next year.

I don't see myself buying a HDMI 2.0 60 Hz screen at this point if it's just going to be superceded by a HDMI 2.1 hopefully supporting 120 Hz refresh rates next year.
Yeah pretty much. Only LG is worth buying this year it seems.

Very happy with my x900e series Sony. No regrets passing the newer X900f. The newest G just seems to be a minor refresh at this point.

Too bad samsung's Q60R models dont have 120Hz panel...

Only Q90R models have it, but the minimum screen size offered is 55'' for EU and 65'' for US.
Too f* huge to use it as desktop screen, at least for me.
Otherwise they support 1440p @ 120Hz and variable refresh rate/Freesync (48-120Hz) with "low" lag times (17ms) for gaming, which is nice....

If 43'' Q60R had those specs i would prolly buy one. But 60hz panel in 2019 is junk.

Rtings.com just released their review of the Q60R. (n)

As usual, the most coveted features are reserved for their larger TVs.

Samsung Q60R

Very happy with my x900e series Sony. No regrets passing the newer X900f. The newest G just seems to be a minor refresh at this point.
The x900f supports 2560x1440@120hz and 2816@120hz with backlight strobing and low input lag. Also dolby vision and newer cpu / android which people may not care as much about.

Heh, looks like Q60R models also have 120Hz panels, but only starting from 55''...
FFS, why dont they use those in 40'' or 43'' TVs? The demand is there.

I'm guessing their research shows there is not yet enough demand to warrant it. At least they are making it on the bigger screens. It should trickle down eventually. How long though is anyone's guess.

I think Samsung, Sony, et al just don't consider that some people use their TVs as 4K computer monitors. I imagine that segment of the market is quite small.

I think Samsung, Sony, et al just don't consider that some people use their TVs as 4K computer monitors. I imagine that segment of the market is quite small.

Or they simply want to specifically segment between computer monitors and TVs because TVs have a ton of stuff that is not useful for computer use. Still, it is weird that the average size of a TV has crept up over the years. Back when I got a 50" Panasonic Plasma it was regarded as a huge and before that a 40" Sony LCD was big. Now it's harder to find anything higher end in smaller than 55" sizes.

The real travesty is that there is a massive gap in both segments. Nearly all 30+ inch computer monitors tend to be ultrawides and all smaller TVs tend to be budget models.

The cost difference is small between 43/49/55" TVs, that's the problem. Without a decent price gap, the market for small TVs dries up, since bigger is better.

The cost difference is small between 43/49/55" TVs, that's the problem. Without a decent price gap, the market for small TVs dries up, since bigger is better.

Likely an economy of scale issue- they make more 55"+ panels, etc.

I'm already looking at the 55" OLED in my living room, and thinking that a 75" would fit just fine there... :D

Back