Two more Assassin's Creed games being developed for release after Black Flag

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
http://games.on.net/2013/06/two-mor...re-already-in-the-works-to-follow-black-flag/

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag isn’t the only Assassin’s Creed game in production at the moment, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told Kotaku at E3. In fact, there are a further two on the go already, bringing the current batch to three.

“...We are making sure the teams who are creating the different iterations have enough time — two years, three years, so that they can take risk and they can change the concept enough so that it can be appealing and fresh,” Guillemot said. “Our job is to make sure the teams have enough power, enough energy and enough time to take the necessary steps to create a high quality game.

honestly -- after I played the first one, I had a good time.

I only played through maybe 25% of the 2nd one and then stopped caring about the franchise all together.

What's next: Assassins Creed 7: Climbing skyscrapers in 2025.

Its no surprise that with the original creator gone they'll be churning these out until people are saturated and sick of them.

I preferred the first to the second! For some reason it just didn't grab me the same way. I think it was the dull starting area. :D

Well doing the same exact thing in every city just seemed pretty lame, so I skipped over the first and started with the second. I recently went to Italy so it's a bit
more interesting to me as well.

I'm a fan of the series, and I've actually played all of them (even the spin-offs of AC2) from beginning to end. However they're killing the series fast.
Short of better graphics for the PC version of AC3, they're really adding almost nothing to these games.
While Black Flag seems neat, it also seems like more of the same again.
Something tells me the AC games probably won't make it past these two sequels.

I'm a fan of the series, and I've actually played all of them (even the spin-offs of AC2) from beginning to end. However they're killing the series fast.
Short of better graphics for the PC version of AC3, they're really adding almost nothing to these games.
While Black Flag seems neat, it also seems like more of the same again.
Something tells me the AC games probably won't make it past these two sequels.

I think we might some gimics exploited before Ubisoft kills it off, they like to squeeze every ounce out of a title. Reboot to the future? Reboot to FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!! (lol).

The whole animus concept was unique and allowed us to have cool open-world games in the past. But the gameplay is getting kinda stale. Yes, there's a lot of animations for the kills, but we need a more freestyle way of mayhem. Give us sword control or something.

AC2 & Brotherhood was awesome. Revelations not so much. 1 was alright. I look forward to Black Flag & any other that comes out. Looking forward to the storyline & solving secrets.

I yet to play 3 though...

I liked how they turned you into even more of a murder machine as the series progressed.

Counter was already fucking broken in the first one and effectively undermined any concept of having to flee after shit went down. You could almost always effortlessly fight your way out of anything without getting hit once, even when you are comically outnumbered... but the combo thing where you started insta-killing people after the first victim just served to make it even whackier.

It pretty much didn't even fucking matter what weapon you used, I think I played most of AC2 with a gigantic two handed axe (which I could hurl at people from 100 feet away with pin point accuracy and kill them instantly) because it was so ridiculous looking. I'd just be in the thick of a 20 on 1 melee cleaving motherfuckers with a single swing like some kind of war god. I also spent a good part of AC3 just punching my way through every encounter. Got completely fucking dogpiled by a shitload of dudes with swords and bayonets? Well there I am, throwing one two combos and dropping fools like it's fucking nothing, because I'm apparently some kind of warped British Batman, soothed by the sound of crunching snow and bones beneath my feet.

Stopped playing after Brotherhood...they are just milking it at this point.

Ditto, I still have AC3 on my purchased backlog but after that I think I am giving up on this IP. It had a really interesting and compelling plot at the beginning, but now Ubi have diluted and turned it into the equivalent of a cheap TV series where the same generic episodes are churned out on a weekly basis and the audience is drip fed tiny pieces of the more important over arching narrative in order to keep them hooked into watching another 1000 generic episodes.

Ditto, I still have AC3 on my purchased backlog but after that I think I am giving up on this IP. It had a really interesting and compelling plot at the beginning, but now Ubi have diluted and turned it into the equivalent of a cheap TV series where the same generic episodes are churned out on a weekly basis and the audience is drip fed tiny pieces of the more important over arching narrative in order to keep them hooked into watching another 1000 generic episodes.

I bought the steam collection (minus ac3) during the sumer sale last year and they are all still back logged....I'm like I'm the 4th assassination in AC1

Same here. I`m starting to develop irrational dislike of anything that is turning into "franchise". Too bad so many people get attached to idea or character that they are willing to accept any product including more of the same endlessly. Book business has been same for many years. Writers have been forced on occasion to split their books into multiple parts and drag out the story without actual need to do so. :mad:

I'm not sure the story is really my main issue. I just dislike how combat hasn't really changed since the first games. They still give you a bunch of different weapons that have little to no purpose.
In most of them the hidden blade/counter is almighty and in the rare instance where it isn't - there is one other weapon (usually a sword or dagger) that covers that other base.
They need to tweak the combat controls to allow for techniques beyond mashing X or countering.
For that matter, maybe make the movement something beyond holding RT and pressing forward.

They need to change the gameplay. The plot is flexible enough, especially if they drop Desmond and introduce someone else in another place or era to fill that role.

I didn't play Revelations, but I got AC3 for Christmas, so I played through that. I think AC2 was easily my favorite, but AC2: Brotherhood and AC3 had a few interesting things to add, but failed at the basic gameplay. I also thought that the storyline was better in the second one.

Are they gonna release new game every year or what?

Yup, every year. It's being rotated around the in house studios so thankfully it isn't the exact same crew of people burning out over and over again.

I'm on the same boat with everyone who enjoyed AC2. I didnt have the patience to finish AC3 but hopefully they'll do something new in the next release to make it interesting again.

So.... are there actually any details about Black Flag?

I am almost certain it'll be a letdown, because there's so much fucking potential and it'll end up another button masher with a shitty AI and spammy combat that you're just meant to look at and go "ooh! that looked cool!"

What we REALLY need? A fucking pirate RPG with an open world (say, the Caribbean!), crew management, ship management, inventory/loot management, politics, etc etc.

But no, we'll get a pirate-skinned Assassin's Creed :(

I'm a big fan of the AC series...some were better then others but all were enjoyable...AC2 was fantastic...Brotherhood was even better...AC3 was great as well...Revolutions and AC1 were the weakest but still decent...I think the settings of the games are the real star...even with Connor as the weak link, AC3 was still a blast due to the attention to detail, historical setting and open world

the yearly release schedule will eventually catch up to them and bring an end to the high quality (and the series itself) but until then I'll keep playing and enjoying

^ They've shown gameplay for it here and there and it looks like more of the same. I don't know if making a full pirate RPG fits the AC mold, but I'd love to see them do at least something different.

Tried playing AC3 (it came with video card) but only got a few hours in before feeling bored with the story/characters... I did watch the cut scenes for the previous games and thought it all had potential... I am more interesting in the present-day story, and feel they should just "get on with it already!" lol... oh, the game needs more love interest and sex appeal... maybe make us play as a lesbian that might be interesting

I am almost certain it'll be a letdown, because there's so much fucking potential and it'll end up another button masher with a shitty AI and spammy combat that you're just meant to look at and go "ooh! that looked cool!"

What we REALLY need? A fucking pirate RPG with an open world (say, the Caribbean!), crew management, ship management, inventory/loot management, politics, etc etc.

40% of the game will be on boats.

Ubisoft: "So if you liked boats in AC3, you'll love AC4! If you didn't like boats in AC3, fuck you!"

They are really running this series into the ground imo

Ubisoft: "So if you liked boats in AC3, you'll love AC4! If you didn't like boats in AC3, fuck you!"

Ass Creed 4 theme song

I gotta say I wasn't impressed with 3 and didn't care for the ships either. Every ass creed they have done some stupid side mini game setup that I felt just didn't work. Maybe the 5th one will be outlaws robbing trains and the 6th with tommy guns and gangsters with how they are going......

Music to my ears. I've enjoyed all the assassin's creed games. Brotherhood is probably my favorite of all of them.

Last edited:

Which would be fine if you built/purchased the boat, hand-picked your crew, and were trolling around the Caribbean being a pirate ^_^

the naval side missions were the best part of AC3 for most so I don't see the issue with making a new game based around it...for once a developer is listening to fans (although I'm sure this game was in development before AC3 was even released...they probably realized how good the naval aspect was as well)

Yep, naval warfare was old hat by the time AC3 came out... :rolleyes:

There are plenty of details available. You just won't find them in this thread. You're getting most of what you claim to want; the entire Caribbean as an open world, crew management, ship management, politics and drama, etc. There's more to do on the ship now, including things like whaling, underwater exploration (including underwater combat), treasure hunting, etc.

Yep, naval warfare was old hat by the time AC3 came out... :rolleyes:

There are plenty of details available. You just won't find them in this thread. You're getting most of what you claim to want; the entire Caribbean as an open world, crew management, ship management, politics and drama, etc. There's more to do on the ship now, including things like whaling, underwater exploration (including underwater combat), treasure hunting, etc.

Fuck yes!

Thanks for adding those details to the thread =D

Never finished AC3. Got to the level where you're supposed to fly up inside this pyramid, then stop for a second on a wooden ledge, then fly up again to the corridor at the top.

I could get to the first ledge, but the second would never highlight so that I could get to it. I think it was a bug that has to do with triple screens and field of view. Tried a hundred times, the rage uninstalled.

I guess I could have disabled eyefinity and tried it, but it just wasn't that enthralling in the first place.

Waiting for something Japanese. Ninjas and such. :cool:

Ubisoft has already said they don't want to use feudal Japan and ancient Egypt as settings.

There were concept sketches released of an AC game in feudal China, though.

I don't get the people that say it went downhill after AC2. It's like, the only real complaint people have is that ACBH and ACRE didn't change anything on AC2 - too similar. So if it's the same game, how can it be going downhill? Wouldn't it be the same level of enjoyment? Hence, if you enjoyed AC2, you should also be enjoying brotherhood and revelations.

So if it's the same game, how can it be going downhill?
similar to watching the Energizer Bunny go on ad nauseam... it just gets old after a certain point and you get stabby-stabby inclinations

Back