TWO MONTHS of Christmas from Galaxy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had 3 Galaxy cards. The 8800GT is still running strong in a folding node, but the heat sink fan died, so I had to replace it myself ( as it is out of warranty ). I have a single Galaxy 8800GTS in my folding node. I have a second galaxy 8800GTS that has recently died. My only quip is that I bought it just before that warranty period was extended and so it was not covered. But the warranty of the time was a year, and it was beyond the year so it's my own responsibility.

I would like to see better coolers on the cards, but I've no bad things to say about Galaxy over any other video card manufacturer.

Galaxy seems to be doing a great job, mainly because their prices are the cheapest around AR.

Go Competition!

Count me in.

I like the strategy to get their products out in the market.
Now I'm curious to see how reliable these cards are!

I've never heard of galax, but I've been lazy with keeping up with tech lately.

Perhaps If I won one of their video cards, I could learn about them :p

Galaxy has earned a rep of having excellent products and great customer service. I'm looking forward to trying them out. :)

Got nothing.

But I do know that they've had some good deals this past year, so they're definitely out for the competition.

I think Galaxy has done a good job establishing itself in the market. A lot of the good GPU deals have come from Galaxy and they've made a name for themselves with their borg-cube looking GPU covers and detachable fan. It'd be nice to see a lifetime warranty.

Just bought the GTX460 1GB from them, love the removable fan. They seem to be doing pretty good this year, best of luck to them for the future, it's a crazy cutthroat market these days.

Haven't really had the opportunity to really look at video cards recently and I don't own a nvidia card so I guess I'm pussing out.

Seems like Galaxy has really come from nowhere and become a major competitor. I would love to have one of their cards in a new build based on their excellent reputation and performance.

I'm sure Galaxy products as every bit as good as EVGA or XFX branded cards, I just wish you guys offered a lifetime warranty, or even a 5 to 10 year one. I'm sure that will attract a lot more customers given your competitive pricing.

I think Galaxy has done pretty awesome in their first year. I actually have a Galaxy GT220 (or maybe 240, I forget) in my second computer, and it works like a champ for everything I need it to do. I also think that it's pretty awesome of them to do this giveaway for all of us over at the [H].

I think galaxy has done an excellent job of building a positive reputation in their first year. While I haven't owned a galaxy product, their pricing is always competitive and from what I've heard from friends the quality is above standard.

Plus I love the community events like this one that pop up every now and then (this goes towards a positive image).

Addition: I don't know what Galaxy's warranty policy is, but I feel like a lifetime warranty on a graphics card is just plain silly. Transferable would be nice though.

Last edited:
Honestly, I haven't heard of this company about a year ago, but it showed us that any company starting out could become a good company. So far, I have seen their customer service is excellent. Definitely a company I would consider getting video card from. :D

I have never owned a Galaxy product, but I am in no way averse to the thought! Bring on the contest!

No clue how Galaxy did. Never bought their products and don't keep up with the latest so I can't judge.

I think they've done well in getting their foot in the door, establishing a presence, and can now build upon that. I like the idea behind the new fan design, but could use a little refinement to really excel.

I bought my first Galaxy card this year & I actually love it. It is the GTX470 & it was the only launch card that had a custom cooler at the time. The price was right & the warranty reflects the market Galaxy is going after. Great Job Galaxy!

Rawr!
100_4409.jpg

Galaxy- new to the video card market, but not new to quality computer components.

I'm in!

I didn't even know about galaxy till they did similar thing like 3 years ago which I've also entered in. I think they did great PR with that as now I'm aware of their company and would consider buying their stuff. I hope they do great and keep competition going against other companies.

I think Galaxy has done well by collaborating with Hardforum and it nice to see companies involved with the consumers. For the future I hope they do AMD cards lol

Have to agree seeing Galaxy posting consistently in the forums, having good deals, and so far from what I heard good products, definitely is the right way to establish yourself in the market place. Keep it up and offer a 5 year or Lifetime warranty, and have good Customer Service, and you can rival the top dogs in the area. I also welcome competition and its looking good. If I see a high end Galaxy GPU for a good price, I would consider buying it. For a company 1 year in the market you guys are looking good.

Any new vendors are welcomed. I have yet to buy a Galaxy card but I have been temptedby there prices

nice to see another nvida card vendor, competition is good. I'd like to see them with a lifetime warranty like BFG/EVGA and a trade up program, I think that goes a long way to encourage brand loyalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back