Two Free Pizzas for buying a $25 gift card (Papa John's)

If this was anything other than livingsocial or groupon I would be all over it. I hate those sites.

I took advantage of this deal before Groupon rewrote their own rules to specifically exclude gift cards from coupon codes so I was able get two extra large 2 topping pies and the two 1 topping pies for a total of 4 for $15.62. My only concern now is how I'm going to be able to finish all of the pizza before it goes bad.

Papa Johns. Ugh.
Don't get me wrong, I've eaten cheap chain pizza before. But Papa John's has to be some of the nastiest excuse for chain pizza....

Reactions: Santa
like this
Ah Yes... the forehead special.

Never had Papa's pizza, how does it compare to,lets say, local Greek pies? It's either that or the Hut around here and well, the Hut should be banned IMO. Nasty Nasty

Thanks, Papa John's is my favorite chain pizza. Hopefully there is the same promo with the Indians this year that gives half off when they score five runs.

That said, at full price I'll always order from a local shop before even thinking about a chain place.

Papa Johns. Ugh.
Don't get me wrong, I've eaten cheap chain pizza before. But Papa John's has to be some of the nastiest excuse for chain pizza....

guess you have never had Dominos or Pizza Hut?

thanks OP

Papa Johns. Ugh.

I'm no pizza connoisseur - but even if it's cheap and crappy, it's still pretty damn good. Personally I love papa johns, for the price it's damn delicious. Dominos or PizzaHut are okay but besides being more expensive, whatever ingredients they use tear my ass up a few hours after eating it.

Believe it or not - you can always get worse... do you have a little ceasers by you? It's even cheaper... and you can imagine where it goes from there. I stopped going there because while the 5 dollar larges are tempting in a pinch, holy balls it's bad.

Little Ceasers is awesome compared to Pizza Slut, Abomino's and Papa "send you to the John" Johns pizza. I find the $8 Deep Deep particularly tasty. Then there's the Crazy Bread... :)

ALL of them have mastered the art of the uber-thin spray-painted cheese layer though :(

Bring back Domino's of the early 80's. Now THAT was a pizza. Whenever a friend of mine and I had duty on the same weekend on the ship, we'd pick one night to order pizza, and it was always the same. Domono's. Large. Triple Cheese, Triple Pepperoni, Triple Ground Beef. Well done. It was a heart attack in a box, but GD was it delicious. That was back in the day when the Domino's owner (some baseball dude) gave a shit, and they purchased their ground beef fresh from local markets every morning.

Little Ceasers is awesome compared to Pizza Slut, Abomino's and Papa "send you to the John" Johns pizza. I find the $8 Deep Deep particularly tasty. Then there's the Crazy Bread... :)

ALL of them have mastered the art of the uber-thin spray-painted cheese layer though :(

Bring back Domino's of the early 80's. Now THAT was a pizza. Whenever a friend of mine and I had duty on the same weekend on the ship, we'd pick one night to order pizza, and it was always the same. Domono's. Large. Triple Cheese, Triple Pepperoni, Triple Ground Beef. Well done. It was a heart attack in a box, but GD was it delicious. That was back in the day when the Domino's owner (some baseball dude) gave a shit, and they purchased their ground beef fresh from local markets every morning.

LC for life! Pizza Hut is grease and sauce on wonderbread and PJs gives me heart burn. For some reason Ceasers is the only pizza I can tolerate and their munster cheese blend is delicious! They don't over do it on the seasoning either and don't pour shitty grease butter all over, pizza perfection.

I prefer Papa Johns out of all the chain pizza joints.
There is a local Italian Restaurant called Primo's Pizzeria which has the best pizza and garlic knots I have eaten in this area. They are just a little pricey and 25-30 minutes away from my house.

I am starving right now and 11am can't come fast enough so I can order my free Pizza.

You could put finish off this with the phrase, a piece of bird shift covered tar paper, and your statement would still show how you have zero taste.

I can taste the different between 6 different bottled waters and its enough to tell you out of all fast food pizza, Little Ceasers tops them.

Its the Garlic Sauce.... Wins it everytime. Does not top my NYC pizza, but that Garlic sauce. Tasty for the 5 seconds nasty for the 5 hrs after....

Thanks OP. I bought this for my kids dinner last week. I will agree that the pizza is mediocre at best, but the garlic sauce makes it taste like cheap wanna be filet mignon

Basically, the chains are best compared to being the best frozen pizzas you can buy. Only it's cooked and delivered to you. That said, because of their systems, the dough is virtually always cooked through (unless you order 5 toppings or extra sauce) and the pizza is palatable. I've never, ever had really good pizza from a chain. And, what's also weird, is that after you eat a few slices, it loses it's appeal. Maybe it's the overly salt laden sauce, maybe the old mozzerella cheese, I don't know what it is. But I can eat a whole GD pie from pretty much any normal pizzaria (in northern New Jersey, that's pizzas made with Lisanti or Anacapri products, yes, that's the same Lisanti that was brought up on charges for delivering cocaine to the pizzarias along with the pizza materials, which sort of just validates that it's genuine Italian food!). I don't know why the chains can't just hire some workers from Lisanti or Anacapri and start making real pizza. I worked in a pizzaria, it's not that difficult. And the side benefits, the food, oh man, the food. I gained 20 pounds in a few months.

Chain pizza isn't that bad. Sure, it's not really pizza at all compared to the stuff that's fired in a brick oven, but for cheese, meat and salt on a round of dough it does its job well enough. Domino's new recipe is actually pretty good, too.

I miss Papa John's, I really do, great pizzas, but when I moved to my current location about a decade ago one of the first things I attempted to do was find a local Papa John's to deliver some food while my wife and I were unpacking. I got the number, I called, I said I wanted to place an order and when I provided my address I was blown off with "Sorry, we don't deliver to that location."

I live downtown in a major US city, a very popular one, with a Papa John's location about 1.6 miles away and they won't deliver to me? Fuck 'em. And no, it's not because of it being a "crime ridden" area or anything like that, they have some other logic behind their decision not to deliver, could be the high density of hotels in the downtown area, who knows.

When I worked for Domino's many years ago in my youth we had a delivery limit of 6 miles, and the store I worked at still exists and they still have a 6 mile radius and it's one of the busiest locations in the country to this day. Pizza Hut delivers here, Domino's, hell I can order from some local Chinese places that are 5+ miles away and get stuff delivered but Papa John's must feel like they don't need our business.

After reading up on what the owner/founder of the company has done in the past, I'm glad at this point that I never gave 'em another dime.

Whenever I want pizza at home without calling up for delivery (I mean, getting a large pizza from Pizza Hut isn't what it used to be, that's for damned sure) I actually get some of the Digiorno personal ones these days - yes, they're frozen but after 4 mins in our microwave oven the are the best damned microwave pizzas I've ever happened upon in this lifetime. Absolutely fantastic food, crazy to believe it's frozen to be honest, but they are soooooooooooo damned good, seriously.

I've never really been a fan of Papa Johns though. It's not that I thought it tasted bad or anything. It just doesn't taste like pizza to me. Idk its weird but I've always felt this way about it. Not a bad deal at all. I'll have to tell my parents about. They do love it. Especially their BBQ chicken pizza.

Papa Johns. Ugh.
I think they're the best chain. Pizza hut is the worst, Dominos in a close second.

code "FREETHROW" for extra free pizza (on future order)

Also, code "POTOGOLD" for 40% off in Houston and Dallas.

The deal was much better last weekend; they had the "CRAVE2" coupon for 2 pizzas for $15.xx + tax, and the FREETHROW stacked. So it was effectively ~$17 for 3x large pizzas (2* 2topping, 1*5 topping later)

Use the Groupon GC to pay, of course, so you end up with $25 out of pocket initially, 5 large pizzas and a $8 balance on the GC.

The best chain pizza I ever had was from Shakeys.

The most unique and tasty pizza I ever had was about 35 years ago in a little mom owned and run pizzaria in Sterling Park, VA called Sterling Pizza. First square pizza I ever saw, and it was uniquely delicious. The sauce was one of a kind.

Oh, and anyone remember when your take home from Pizza Hut was in a paper BAG (no kidding, kiddies. A fucking BAG), not a box ? They actually had a decent pizza back then.

img-thing

$55 value? Horseshit.

2 1-topping large pizzas are not even close to $30.

I just looked at their prices and it seems a 1-topping pizza is ~$15. I didn't realize they were so expensive, although I guess everyone always has coupons.

I recommend making your own pizza. Its very easy to make a much healthier pie that isn't so salty.

Not that there is anything wrong with salt, but if you were to eat 1/4 of a large pizza, you consume about a weeks worth of salt in one sitting and that is excessive.

Plus, don't forget to factor in the cost of a gym membership to run off 3-pizzas worth of calories, lol!

I just looked at their prices and it seems a 1-topping pizza is ~$15. I didn't realize they were so expensive, although I guess everyone always has coupons.

PJ has a continuous 25% off deal online, nobody actually pays full price.

Papa John's in our area have a promo code where all online orders are 50% off the day after the STL Cardinals win. Obviously, it would be something different if you live somewhere else, but they do similar promos for all the MLB teams, I believe. Although I personally prefer homemade pizza, there are some times where it's just not possible.

I'm coming into a pizza war late guess, but we usually make our own.

:)

XZ5FF4O.jpg

lot more in there than it looks, was a sneaky cast iron pizza.

Do several pizzas here.

Papa Johns closed down like 9 years ago here a Little Cesars opened up in it's place.
I'm a Fan of Supreme Pizza Hut Pizzas myself with Hand Tossed Crust.
Just bad stuff =)

I'll have to try it again.. every time I've had Papa John's, it was just mediocre. I prefer Pizza Papalis, Buddy's Pizza, and Dominoes if I'm not wanting to go far. Everyone in my area likes Cottage Inn pizza, but I just find it terrible. If I really want a good pizza, I go to a few other places within 20 minutes of me to get coal oven pizza.

Apparently some people up in this thread living the good life.Us simpletons don't get the luxuries.

I even drink water from my fridge, can you believe that???

It's not hard to just even pick up pizza dough from a local deli and make your own, I used to make my own dough, but Publix makes a ton daily in the bakery and makes it easy.

9dQjmwT.jpg

Back