two amazing new crysis videos

wannabeapilot

Limp Gawd
http://www.crysis-online.com/

they have added two new videos, one is an HD version of the GDC video [nuke] but is still nott a direct feed so expect that sometime later this week or next , the other is a new gameplay video
the article is on the front page

this game is going to blow everything out of the water when it hits ! :D

Holy shit, the explosion scene is amazing. Loved the jeep scene also. Tech trailer btw.

Holy shit, the explosion scene is amazing. Loved the jeep scene also. Tech trailer btw.

Hells yea.. I like the shooting out tires.. hope the multiplayer isn't as dead as Farcry was. (and farcry was pretty good MP!)

Holly batman of great planets...that was insane :eek:

Now i got a reason to return my 8800GTS for gtx

Watching those videos and then playing bf2 is like going from HD movie to a cartoon hehe

Holy crap. This game is going to own. Too bad I'll be stuck in DX9 with my X850XT...

oh god....i need new pants.:eek:

And i had just gotten changed into new ones from the STALKER vids!

I could lose myself in that Sand Box Editor for weeks, if not months.

Oh... and that Nuke explosion was terrific!

...wow.
This game will own so hard.

I love the water in this game, and the lighting in the part of the video where the nuke goes off is photo-realistic.

the devs clame that it will run on 2 to 3 year old systems ,but too look like that probally a very expensive system

Holy crap. This game is going to own. Too bad I'll be stuck in DX9 with my X850XT...

Crysis runs it DX9 if you didn't know, DX10 offers better perfomance, just in case you didnt know, but yeah I am wondering what frames will be like on Low-Medium Settings :D on a X850XT PE.

The Sandbox video is insane, cant wait to get my hands on that, now going to download the other clip to see this Nuke Scene :D.

some of the new stuff in the tech trailer and sandbox vids is unfuckingbelieveable. It would be nothing short of a travesty if they didn't sell a few dozen licenses for this engine.

Now imagine a Battlefield game on that engine with 500 players :eek:

I am soo gonna pay and buy this game...:cool:

Nuke Scene is insane.

Yeah CryEngine 2 and Unreal Engine 3 have to be the best 2 looking game engines in the history of video games, cant wait to get my hands on those 2 :).

imagine how popular a CS version of this engine would be.. terrorist nuke other team and CT have to defuse the bomb or else... booom everyone dead.

Nuke Scene is insane.

Yeah CryEngine 2 and Unreal Engine 3 have to be the best 2 looking game engines in the history of video games, cant wait to get my hands on those 2 :).

These videos rock. Just like any video Ive' seen of Crysis and/or CryEngine 2.

IMHO Unreal Engine 3 doesn't look that impressive. At least, the games that are currently powered by it, don't look that great. Maybe they don't use the engine's full capabilities. Either way, when compared to CryEngine 2, it just looks "normal" and nothing special :)

imagine how popular a CS version of this engine would be.. terrorist nuke other team and CT have to defuse the bomb or else... booom everyone dead.

That would be insane! :D

I reckon UE3 is good still, wait till Unreal Tournament 3 to come out :D

I'd comment on a specific thing that looked cool, but really, almost everything blows me away. So realistic it's hard for me to fathom how even a pretty good computer will run it.

I'd comment on a specific thing that looked cool, but really, almost everything blows me away. So realistic it's hard for me to fathom how even a pretty good computer will run it.

watch the new gamespot Interview video on the crysis-online site that got put up not too long ago :D.

I am saving for Intel/AMD quadcore and ATI R600/G80 refresh for this game. If that is still not enough to run them at the absolute max details on my smallish 1280*1024 res, I don't what will.

Downloading...

The technical abilities of both engines will span to DX10 eventually so there's nothing really that the Crytek2 engine will be able to do that Unreal3 won't be able to do. There's a big difference between what an engine is capable of and how it's used in certain games.

As time goes by, I am less and less excited by UE3 and more excited by CryTek 2. I really can't wait for crysis.

The physics demonstration with the bomb at the very end was absolutely incredible. Wow.

And I liked hearing that the game is supposed to run well on hardware that was high-end 3 years ago... that's what we need in this industry -- good optimization in more games makes stuff more accessible for people who can't afford to upgrade every year or two.

And I liked hearing that the game is supposed to run well on hardware that was high-end 3 years ago... that's what we need in this industry -- good optimization in more games makes stuff more accessible for people who can't afford to upgrade every year or two.

It's all about time. The developers need plenty of time for optimization. For most companies, that's just not feasible. For the likes of Epic, CryTek, and id, they can have that time because they have proven themselves capable.

this is exactly why i didnt buy a dx10 card right away. I want to see how they will perform on dx10 games before i buy because my 7950gt does fine for dx9

As time goes by, I am less and less excited by UE3 and more excited by CryTek 2. I really can't wait for crysis.

As am I. When compared to Crysis, in terms of graphics, Unreal Tournament 3 just looks "good" :)

Downloading...

The technical abilities of both engines will span to DX10 eventually so there's nothing really that the Crytek2 engine will be able to do that Unreal3 won't be able to do. There's a big difference between what an engine is capable of and how it's used in certain games.

No doubt, but what was shown to us, as being what UE3 is capable of, is absolutely nothing compared to what we've seen of CryEngine 2.
Not to mention that Crysis, powered by CryEngine 2, looks almost photo-realistic, while games powered by UE3, just look good. IMHO, UE3 just seems like an improved Source Engine. Which is good on its own, but just doesn't look as good as CryEngine 2. Not even close...

this is exactly why i didnt buy a dx10 card right away. I want to see how they will perform on dx10 games before i buy because my 7950gt does fine for dx9
no shit! going early makes no sense

...don't like seeing the development box chug a few times hehe....nice scene with the gatling gun mowing the forest down like jesse the bod in predator

I'll be pissed if reviewers don't give this game a perfect score on Graphics Department.

<-- so excited

I was blown away by both videos. I was amazed by watching the sandbox video...this is one incredibly powerful engine, the likes of which we haven't seen until now. The real-time dynamic lighting is a feat in and of itself and some of the things it could do is amazing. Call me simple, but I really liked the realistic time-of-day lighting. I thought the way the light changed depending on the sun's position is really innovative...I can't wait to see it in action.

/looking forward to the release :D

Back