Two 6800GT questions .. ??

Question #1: Is there any difference in benchmarks of a 6800GT @ Ultra speeds and a real 6800 Ultra?

Question #2: Is there any aftermarket air cooling for the 6800 cards yet?

DigitalEmperor said:
Question #1: Is there any difference in benchmarks of a 6800GT @ Ultra speeds and a real 6800 Ultra?

Question #2: Is there any aftermarket air cooling for the 6800 cards yet?

When you say benchmarks do you mean gameing benchmarks? If so I would suggest looking at the 1000 reviews out there. They are not far apart. Remember the Ultra is the GT with a higher clock speed; that's it.

There are aftermarket cooling for the 6800 series cards yes. I know there are water blocks out for it.

well i have looked at the benchmarks. i was wondering if maybe the different memory had some impact on performance. when i look at reviews that have a 6800 Ultra .. I can assume that a 6800GT overclocked to those speeds would perform the exact same?

and also, waterblocks are not "air cooling". i am looking for something like the vga silencer or something of that ilk.

DigitalEmperor said:
well i have looked at the benchmarks. i was wondering if maybe the different memory had some impact on performance. when i look at reviews that have a 6800 Ultra .. I can assume that a 6800GT overclocked to those speeds would perform the exact same?

and also, waterblocks are not "air cooling". i am looking for something like the vga silencer or something of that ilk.

Yes I know Waterblocks are not air coolers. I threw that out there saying that I know of waterblocks being able to fit the 6800's. I have not heard of any aftermarket air cooling for them just yet. I think the stock cooler is pretty good personally.

Each card will perform different. The ram will have some performance differences but nothing so drastic that I could see paying an extra $100.00 for the Ultra. If you overclock the GT to ultra speeds you will get similar performance.

Personally if you are going to get one go with the BFG 6800 GT OC. Great card and awesome warrenty. I would not go with PNY for the card though.

yea i really have my eyes on that BFG OC ... problem is nobody has them.

then i was thinking about going eVGA through newegg to get one .. but UGH then newegg sold out ... evga.com still has them but i dont get paid till tomorrow and im sure it'll be sold out there too by then hehe :)

people are biting at these cards like sharks. i had no idea this was such a big market!

Back