Two 64bit OS in a single HDD

hi guys,
I have bit of an issue in installing two 64 bit OS in single HDD or a single 64bit and a 32bit OS. after installing the newest one(whatever it is) the old OS crashed out and doesn't boot... and i tried installing 64bit Windows 7 and Vista and Vista crashed, as 7 was installed as the newer one:confused:.(My processor i compatible of 64 bit OS):)

This problem was there even when i tried with a Linux OS(ubuntu):mad: in as 32bit and 7 as 64bit.....please help....!!!!!!!

i know it may sound noobish but its not working for me and now am in need of another OS aside....

K.I.S.S. Back up your data, wipe the drive clean, and install Windows 7 x64. There's no reason to dual boot that and Vista.

It sounds like you messed up the boot loaders, so just install the one OS you need for now, Windows 7, and give that a shot from the blank drive.

Oh, and if you do want help, give us some details that will help us...system specs, error messages, etc.

Same disk as in same partition? If so, you can imagine why you're having a problem. If not, then there should be no problem.

As long as you did it on separate partitions, you shouldn't have an issue. I've had as many as three Win7 installs dual-booting off one drive (1 x86, 2 x64, long story) before without issue.

Actually my OS disk am using is 160gigs with 3partitions in it.
The problem was occuring when i tried to install 32bit Ubuntu or 64bit vista (as certain softwares werent installling in win7,i choose vista:confused:) in 2nd partition and already i had Win7 in 1st Partiion. Win 7 gets lost after installing those OS and when i tried to recover with the Repair Disc it was saying that there were no 7 installtions in ma HDD.

I think ur advices will certainly help.
Anyway Thanks Guys.:)

Back