Two 1080p monitors in portrait mode anyway to make fullscreen gaming?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys. I have two 1080p monitors for the time being. 24inch. I enabled NVidias spanning with surround option in the driver, but some games do not play nice. Quake Champions says it's 9:8 AR. The AR calculator online says its 1.13.1. I wanted to know what the best way is to get games to play at 2160x1920 resolution. CS plays fine full screen as do other games. D2R does. Overwatch doesn't. SC2 does yet there is no resolution label. Seems that it's hit or miss. I am going to be getting a 32 inch soon but wanted to know for the time being. What is the best way to enable full screen in games for this resolution. Guess I am looking for games that work with nvidia surround at my custom resolution.Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have two 1080p monitors for the time being. 24inch. I enabled NVidias spanning with surround option in the driver, but some games do not play nice. Quake Champions says it's 9:8 AR. The AR calculator online says its 1.13.1. I wanted to know what the best way is to get games to play at 2160x1920 resolution. CS plays fine full screen as do other games. D2R does. Overwatch doesn't. SC2 does yet there is no resolution label. Seems that it's hit or miss. I am going to be getting a 32 inch soon but wanted to know for the time being. What is the best way to enable full screen in games for this resolution. Guess I am looking for games that work with nvidia surround at my custom resolution.Thanks so much!
The game doesn't know you're using surround, it only sees the total resolution the driver is outputting, in this case: 2160x1920.

Support for that aspect ratio will come down to the game. I would check the widescreen gaming wiki, as the hacks there to get 21:9 working would probably also be helpful here.

Doesn't having bezels in the middle of game screen bother you? 🤯

you are going to have that bezel right in the middle splitting the screens. It is going to be painful for any type of FPS or third person shooter.

You would have an easier time getting games to recognize it if both screens are in landscape rather than portrait. As dual 16:9 screens is an aspect ratio of 32:9. The same as the Super ultra wide's from Samsung and the like. Lots of games will support that, properly, without issue.

Resolution would be 3840x1080. Exactly half of 4k.

You would have an easier time getting games to recognize it if both screens are in landscape rather than portrait. As dual 16:9 screens is an aspect ratio of 32:9. The same as the Super ultra wide's from Samsung and the like. Lots of games will support that, properly, without issue.

Resolution would be 3840x1080. Exactly half of 4k.

You'll still have bezels in the middle.

You'll still have bezels in the middle.
t7sZ4rk.gif

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Back