Twitter Stock Plunges After Revenue Misses Estimates

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though Twitter has disappointed Wall Street once again. Even though revenue was up and its net loss was smaller, Twitter shares took a fourteen percent nosedive in late trading yesterday.

Twitter shares plunged 13.6 percent to $15.34 in late trade on Tuesday after reporting lower-than-expected revenue, hurt by weaker than expected spending by big advertisers, and providing a current-quarter revenue forecast well below analysts' expectations. Twitter's user base grew modestly to 310 million monthly active users in the quarter ended March 31 from 305 million in the fourth quarter, above analysts' expectations. But investors were let down by the revenue miss since outlining a turnaround plan.

Has any tech stock outside of AMD actually outperformed? Google, Twitter, Apple, Microsoft, etc., all of them got hammered the first quarter. Facebook is reporting later today, and I'm betting that too will most likely miss expectations.

The economy is destined to collapse over and over again.

Yup. Irritates me that companies think that profits can only continue to rise. Of course things level out some where and as history shows, eventually everything takes a nose dive and recovers.

Now, I'm a simple man so take my opnion here for what it's worth.

Jim Cramer would say this is the "House of Pain". I watched him yesterday to hear his thoughts. He said tech was in a rut - actually recommended some oil companies again. Haven't ehard that in a while.

Yup. Irritates me that companies think that profits can only continue to rise. Of course things level out some where and as history shows, eventually everything takes a nose dive and recovers.

Now, I'm a simple man so take my opnion here for what it's worth.
Not companies, stock markets. Public ownership model (aka the used company dealership otherwise known as the stock market) is so broken in this country (and others).

Back