Twitter Diversity Pick Stirs Controversy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Well that escalated quickly. The guy hasn't even taken the reigns at his new job and he's already getting bashed. :(

Twitter, under fire for the striking lack of women and minorities in its ranks, has set off a new controversy by hiring a white man to lead its diversity efforts. Apple's diversity chief Jeffrey Siminoff will replace Janet Van Huysse as Twitter’s vice president of diversity and inclusion, the San Francisco company said Monday.

I like how everyone ignores the possibility that he may have just been the most qualified candidate. No instead we all have to posture with mock outrage that twitter obviously has some racist agenda.

Seriously.

I like how everyone ignores the possibility that he may have just been the most qualified candidate. No instead we all have to posture with mock outrage that twitter obviously has some racist agenda.

Seriously.

Are you saying that minorities lack the qualifications that a white male offers? Get HIM!

jk lol

Jackson is shocked ... shocked and appalled that a gay activist has stolen the job that rightly should go to a straight minority.

Trump is huge offender of the new policy but because he is White and "very very rich" he will be able to continue to spread his inspirational hatred.
The new policy really means jack shit regardless of who is in charge.

....a gender fluid person who sexually identifies as an attack helicopter to fill this job.

But what if the attack helicopter decides that it isn't a machine and that machines are people too....and what if this thing goes and finds other machines to influence / identify with and next thing you know they use all their battlefield tech to communicate, form a digital blockchain autonomous election system to make Arnold as their president and he actually reactivates / re-purposes all the SDI stuff into Skynet and now you've got nukes, human slaves, the Matrix, Sarah Connor, Neo and DAMNIT STEVE LOOK WHAT YOU DID

AUGH

White cis men are at the bottom of the progressive stack. To the identity politicians, he could never be qualified to make decisions on diversity because he has never had to face systematic oppression in the heteropatriarchy that propelled him forward in his career.

...I'm scared that I am able to write that kind of buzzword soup above :(. I've been in the trenches for far too long.

Nobody drank harder from the "diversity is strength" Koo-laid than McDonald's. Now their big idea is setting silverware on some tables to pretend to be more upscale. They have no ideas or vision and investors know it. McD's has become a hollow business more noted for its weekly customer/employee beating videos then its food. Hire the best people and drop the radical culture war pretending to be civil rights

White cis men are at the bottom of the progressive stack. To the identity politicians, he could never be qualified to make decisions on diversity because he has never had to face systematic oppression in the heteropatriarchy that propelled him forward in his career.

...I'm scared that I am able to write that kind of buzzword soup above :(. I've been in the trenches for far too long.
Well I just learned that he is gay. Doesn't matter, though, as the gay movement has gone from being allies to useful idiots to misogynists in as little as the past year. Legalizing gay marriage in the US may have had something to do with that. For that reason I would still think he sits at the bottom of the progressive stack.

Their mistake is in believing that you can have diversity of thought among white people, because as we all know, white people all have the same backgrounds and life experiences and are lemmings that are stamped out of a cookie cutter machine.

Women are in no way inherently different than a man in any way, but they are different when it comes to affirmative action "diversity" hiring quotas.

Screw hiring people based on abilities and what they bring to the team, when you can hire people based on race... except there is no such thing as race, because race is a social construct, except fire some of the socially constructed white people to make room for people that society describes as blacks that aren't really a race but just go with it, jesus christ stop thinking so hard and just kill whitey already.

Seriously.

Pretty much that.

It's the part I loathe the most about this whole 'diversity' thing. To me the most important thing is always that the most qualified person is chosen, without discrimination on any ground. This clamouring for 'equal representation' is then disingenuous because just having half of your company feature one type of reproductive organ and the other half another type is completely and utterly irrelevant to the question of how well they can perform their job.

Now these 'diversity' activists have descended to the point where they discriminate against white men. Because that's cool, and totally not discriminating on various points.

Guy is the best pick for the job, last thing you want is some special snowflake behind the reigns on a power trip

Trump is huge offender of the new policy but because he is White and "very very rich" he will be able to continue to spread his inspirational hatred.
The new policy really means jack shit regardless of who is in charge.

... What?

... What?

What does Trump have to do with anything? Or do you just like saying his name. If you pay attention, he has been right on with just about every single thing he's said, and at the forefront on many issues.

Don't believe the drive by media, he doesn't "hate" women anymore than he "hates" Muslims. From what I've garnered, he doesn't hate anyone, he judges them by their merit and actions. Which is how it should be, and goes completely against this diversity BS. I suggest we perform job interviews behind a curtain, or in a dark room, where you cannot see the person. And on the resume, you don't give your name, just a randomly selected number. Going one step further (this is what the progressives want) let's just make every grey skinned with both organs for procreation like worms. Unisexual Grey's unite! Reminds me of a south part episode...then you only have to have one bathroom! Woot! And makeup would be squashed. The ruling class elites would have a different skin color...ah wait crap, that won't work.

What does Trump have to do with anything? Or do you just like saying his name. If you pay attention, he has been right on with just about every single thing he's said, and at the forefront on many issues.

Don't believe the drive by media, he doesn't "hate" women anymore than he "hates" Muslims. From what I've garnered, he doesn't hate anyone, he judges them by their merit and actions. Which is how it should be, and goes completely against this diversity BS. I suggest we perform job interviews behind a curtain, or in a dark room, where you cannot see the person. And on the resume, you don't give your name, just a randomly selected number. Going one step further (this is what the progressives want) let's just make every grey skinned with both organs for procreation like worms. Unisexual Grey's unite! Reminds me of a south part episode...then you only have to have one bathroom! Woot! And makeup would be squashed. The ruling class elites would have a different skin color...ah wait crap, that won't work.

I'm assuming you were aiming that at the person I quoted.

Break up groups of white men working together.

What did they ever accomplish, anyway?

He should check HR at Twitter. They are the one's who programmed the applicant tracking system and that is what is screening out everybody.

The evil white men are everywhere! Head for the hills! :rolleyes:
How sad and pathetic our society has become.

And I thought using race and/or sex as a condition of employment was called discrimination. Oh wait, liberal logic at work.

What? Why does it matter? Is he wearing the hood at work or something?

I love how they say Twitter's ethnic percentages are poor, yet they pretty much exactly match the the ethnic percentages of the US population. There are definately companies that have diversity issues, Twitter is not one of them.

hiring a white man to lead its diversity efforts.

May be it was the best choice. Working for large companies, we all seen places where a lets say Asian decent supervisor hires mostly Asian decent subordinates. Would you call it diversity?

Back