Twitter Deleted 270,000 Terrorism Accounts in the Second Half of 2017

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Twitter managed to delete over 270K terrorism-related accounts in the second half of last year by mostly using internal tools they developed in-house. They say three-quarters of those accounts were taken down before they could send out a single tweet. I think all of us can agree terrorism is a bane on society as a whole, but I'm concerned with the definition of terrorism these social media companies are using. I'd like to see some more transparency about all of their account deletions to tell the truth.

Twitter also argued the fact it took down 8.4 per cent fewer accounts in this period than the first half of the year demonstrates progress. The firm claimed that thanks to "years of hard work making our site an undesirable place for those seeking to promote terrorism, resulting in this type of activity increasingly shifting away from Twitter".

kitty-whack-a-mole1.gif

Well based on the number of obvious bot accounts I've run across in my very limited Twitter use, I'd say that number is believable, and may indeed come from true terrorists...of course what we don't know is how many accounts from North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes (that's the evil group right?) they take down every year.

... and conservatives call liberals snowflakes.
Yes, and we revel in it, because snowflakes are beautiful, and when they get together en masse, they become an avalanche... or a glacier, the most unstoppable force in nature.

Please let us all be even more divided and start shooting each other.
Liberals are armed as well. They just dont brag about it.
Why think there are only two sides?
For instance, long gone are the days when only "liberals" smoke dope.
And there is only one Human Race with extremely difficult Ethnic relations so as a result there is no Race Relations argument.
Continually framing an argument with limited values only supports the idea that there is More than one human race and only dirty hippies are getting high.
Snowflakes indeed.

Back