Twitter Changes Revolver Emoji to Water Pistol Emoji

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Slowly but surely it seems like social media is jumping on the hate guns bandwagon and Twitter is the most recent to do so. With the latest release of Twemoji they changed the revolver to a water pistol. I find this pretty funny because they are all like lemmings and will follow each other of the cliff no matter what. What's next?

Yes, Twitter has altered its Pistol emoji design away from a realistic revolver towards that of a plastic squirt gun. This update echoes the change made by Apple in 2016, which has since been followed by WhatsApp and, more recently, Samsung.

I was just thinking about this the other day, my phone has the pistol emoji, but when is google going to do an update to the list and remove it from my options. Thanks for censoring my crap Google, because you know whats best for me!!!!
Now where is my middle finger emoji in the list for this forum?

Isn't a water pistol still a representation of violence used primarily by children as a safe alternative to literally play fight with guns? Won't someone think of the children and ban this new violence ridden emoji.
This is just step one, soon they will remove it because it "looks to much like a real gun". Boil the frog man, boil the Frog.....

estate-planning-priorities-1.jpg

What happens when more people start 3D printing guns and they start to look like the green one?

Reactions: DocNo
like this
Well on one hand they've changed their gun emoji, on the other hand that serial swatter guy's twitter account is still active.

I get that there's some polarized views on guns but if you're trying to make this a "first they came for our emojis" kind of thing it just sounds fucking ridiculous.

The only logic that fits all of it is...They know if they ignore the killing people law they are going to definitely ignore the gun law, so the only logic that fits is they want innocent people people to die and stuff like this is just part of the charade.

I used to think do-gooding was just naivety, but more and more I am convinced it's evil intentional malice in disguise.

When Whatsapp changed the gun emoji to a water gun I had to get creative in how I wished death to my dearest friends :D. Fortunately there are still hypodermic needles, fire, noxious gases, and knives when I need to threaten them so as to make our friendship stronger ;).

Or why using emoji as passwords is a bad idea, since your password alphabet is subject to change based on random brain cell activity by some mid level SJW.

The only logic that fits all of it is...They know if they ignore the killing people law they are going to definitely ignore the gun law, so the only logic that fits is they want innocent people people to die and stuff like this is just part of the charade.

I used to think do-gooding was just naivety, but more and more I am convinced it's evil intentional malice in disguise.

Alternatively, perhaps the hope is that having fewer guns readily available -- especially to people with a history of mental health issues -- would help reduce gun violence (you know, the way it does in the rest of the world).

But meh, might as well assume malice. Seems legit. :rolleyes:

Reactions: WhoMe
like this
I was just thinking about this the other day, my phone has the pistol emoji, but when is google going to do an update to the list and remove it from my options. Thanks for censoring my crap Google, because you know whats best for me!!!!
Now where is my middle finger emoji in the list for this forum?

Sorry to tell you this but it is not yours. Don't like it use something else.

There are about 500 other things I'm more worried about than an emoji change :rolleyes:

Alternatively, perhaps the hope is that having fewer guns readily available -- especially to people with a history of mental health issues -- would help reduce gun violence (you know, the way it does in the rest of the world).

But meh, might as well assume malice. Seems legit. :rolleyes:
Of course it reduces gun violence but does not change violence in general, it just changes how its reported......

Whew. THIS just saved me. I was close, fellas, real close. All the SJW shit had me right at the edge. Then, I got a message...with an emoji. Thank God it was a water pistol! Had it been the revolver, well, let's just say I'm glad it wasn't.

The water pistol completely changed what I was about to do. It changed my outlook on how I thought the world was unfair to me and I had no option but to go out and take as many with me as possible. Now? Now, thanks to the water pistol, I see that the world is a fun place, full of frolic and pranks. I'm ditching the black, and wearing the bright. I will no longer sulk and plot. Now, I'll laugh and skip.

Thank God for emojis which save us all.

Edited to ask: Does anyone have a link to a good knife-sharpening DIY?

Whew. THIS just saved me. I was close, fellas, real close. All the SJW shit had me right at the edge. Then, I got a message...with an emoji. Thank God it was a water pistol! Had it been the revolver, well, let's just say I'm glad it wasn't.

The water pistol completely changed what I was about to do. It changed my outlook on how I thought the world was unfair to me and I had no option but to go out and take as many with me as possible. Now? Now, thanks to the water pistol, I see that the world is a fun place, full of frolic and pranks. I'm ditching the black, and wearing the bright. I will no longer sulk and plot. Now, I'll laugh and skip.

Thank God for emojis which save us all.

Edited to ask: Does anyone have a link to a good knife-sharpening DIY?

Thats not a water pistol its a space pistol!

Of course it reduces gun violence but does not change violence in general, it just changes how its reported......

Guns very are efficient at violence; they're designed to be. If we're going to pretend that all tools are created equal, then we might as well sell nukes at Wal-Mart (the ridiculousness of which is the whole point).

But since I don't want to get banned for discussing politics, that's all I will say on the subject. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Funny, all the world except US gun nuts hates guns, so it's the world that's gone mad, it must be so.

Sure, changing an emoji is laughable, but so is the reaction to it here.

Funny, all the world except US gun nuts hates guns, so it's the world that's gone mad, it must be so.

Personally, I don't hate guns. In fact, I own one.

But I agree that, as silly as changing the emoji is, it isn't nearly as silly as some of these reactions. Frankly, anyone who genuinely believes that gun control advocates secretly enjoy and promote violence might want to take a step back and re-examine their worldview.

Reactions: DKS
like this
Guns don't kill people. People who use gun emojis kill people.

Twitter done saved us all.

Guns very are efficient at violence; they're designed to be. If we're going to pretend that all tools are created equal, then we might as well sell nukes at Wal-Mart (the ridiculousness of which is the whole point).

But since I don't want to get banned for discussing politics, that's all I will say on the subject. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
There is nothing to disagree about. It still doesn't change the level of violence in the world. It changes how the violence takes place. That's the point you missed. Guns, bombs, knives, baseball bats... violence is violence the tool no matter how much more "effective" it is isn't going to change unless the people are dealt with. Changing an emoji picture just covers up and puts a band aid on the problem at hand.

Not so sure, in Canada law abiding owners are by far the safest group in society here. we get a daily record check to maintain a valid permit, we get screened more for legally storing and owning firearms than pedophiles, rapists, sex offenders who have been released back into society and a handful of types who have actually committed crimes with firearms.

to top that off, the most recent brain fart by Justin Trudeau bill c-71 brings in more regulations for law abiding owners, and doesn't address gangs, criminals or address firearms related crime in any way shape or form, but he had to hop on the USA firearm hate bandwagon to keep the sheep happy, the same sheep who think making me carry one more piece of paper to the range is going to stop drug dealers from gun violence or preventing a school shooting.

at some point the daft decisions makers will realize changing laws and emoji's wont prevent a damn thing, if you want to fix the problem then address the problem.

Whatever happened to predictability.
The milkman, the paperboy, evening tv?

Back