Twitter Announces Changes To Attract New Users

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Jul 25, 2016.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

What's Twitter's brilliant plan to attract new users? Starting today, the company is going to spend a lot of money rolling out digital videos and marketing ads that re-explain to people what they do and who they are. Ummmm, what?!?

But what about the people who know the brand but don’t use Twitter? We asked lots of questions and two key themes emerged. First, most didn’t know or simply misunderstood what Twitter was for - many thought of Twitter primarily as a social network, a place to find and connect with friends and family members. Second, they thought if they wanted to use Twitter, they were “supposed to Tweet every day” and didn’t think they would have that much to say. We realized we had some explaining and clarifying to do!

2. Azphira

Azphira [H]ard|Gawd

I know about twitter, I know the things they do, I don't use them because they are assholes.

Zion Halcyon likes this.
  3. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

4. Exavior

Exavior [H]ardForum Junkie

Best way to attract new users, shut down twitter and use the money to create a useful service instead.

5. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I use twitter, but I definitely don't think it is for everyone. It is like an aggregated RSS Feed. I like to check it and see what the sites and people I follow are up too, but I would be perfectly fine if tomorrow it shut down and never came back.

viscountalpha and Zion Halcyon like this.
  6. gxp500

gxp500 Gawd

Twitter is like facebook, but similar...

7. Zion Halcyon

Zion Halcyon 2[H]4U

Agreed. For instance, I use it to follow some football beat reporters and my favorite teams, and it provides entertainment value in that.

I tend to avoid the cesspool form of it where people fight with each other.

8. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

So you avoid the internet? LOL

I get it thuogh, I mean, it doesn't seem like it is always a shithole, it just provides an easy way for impulse posting which tends to go that way.

9. AthlonXP

AthlonXP [H]ard as it Gets

Twitter is honestly most useful for sports. Otherwise I have grown wearing of it. Plus there are allegations now it is starting to censor alot of things in regards to this years election.

10. MOS8580

MOS8580 n00b

Maybe if they would stop banning users with wrongthink they wouldn't have to push so hard for new users to replace them.

11. [21CW]killerofall

[21CW]killerofall Aliens...

I will not Tweet or get an account unless they pay me to do so.

12. tbonepat11

tbonepat11 Limp Gawd

13. viscountalpha

viscountalpha 2[H]4U

I tweet at people I actually talk to I'll knowing full well it's public.