Twitter Announces Changes To Attract New Users

HardOCP News

[H] News
What's Twitter's brilliant plan to attract new users? Starting today, the company is going to spend a lot of money rolling out digital videos and marketing ads that re-explain to people what they do and who they are. Ummmm, what?!?

But what about the people who know the brand but don’t use Twitter? We asked lots of questions and two key themes emerged. First, most didn’t know or simply misunderstood what Twitter was for - many thought of Twitter primarily as a social network, a place to find and connect with friends and family members. Second, they thought if they wanted to use Twitter, they were “supposed to Tweet every day” and didn’t think they would have that much to say. We realized we had some explaining and clarifying to do!

Best way to attract new users, shut down twitter and use the money to create a useful service instead.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I use twitter, but I definitely don't think it is for everyone. It is like an aggregated RSS Feed. I like to check it and see what the sites and people I follow are up too, but I would be perfectly fine if tomorrow it shut down and never came back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I use twitter, but I definitely don't think it is for everyone. It is like an aggregated RSS Feed. I like to check it and see what the sites and people I follow are up too, but I would be perfectly fine if tomorrow it shut down and never came back.

Agreed. For instance, I use it to follow some football beat reporters and my favorite teams, and it provides entertainment value in that.

I tend to avoid the cesspool form of it where people fight with each other.

I tend to avoid the cesspool form of it where people fight with each other.
So you avoid the internet? LOL

I get it thuogh, I mean, it doesn't seem like it is always a shithole, it just provides an easy way for impulse posting which tends to go that way.

Twitter is honestly most useful for sports. Otherwise I have grown wearing of it. Plus there are allegations now it is starting to censor alot of things in regards to this years election.

Maybe if they would stop banning users with wrongthink they wouldn't have to push so hard for new users to replace them.

Back