Twitch Troll Loses $50,000

I read this story several months ago. I also liked the one where the streamer pretended to be disabled for pity donations. Rolled around in a wheelchair and everything. During one stream he stands up and walks away like its nothing. Suddenly the camera is turned down towards the desk and stream ends. The oh shit moment that guy had must have been something else.

You can practically take a shit in a live Twitch stream session and somebody will donate you money. The fact that so many of these so called game streamers (some dont even play games) abuse the Twitch ToS and still end up with lots of donations, the whole concept is stupid.

I read this story several months ago. I also liked the one where the streamer pretended to be disabled for pity donations. Rolled around in a wheelchair and everything. During one stream he stands up and walks away like its nothing. Suddenly the camera is turned down towards the desk and stream ends. The oh shit moment that guy had must have been something else.

The guy should have imitated Seth Green from the remake of The Italian Job:

LOL The scene was that Seth Green was a programmer / hacker. He did a complex hack in the middle of a crowded airport ( imagine Tom Cruise hanging up side down with red lasers everywhere ala Mission Impossible etc. ). Seth Green gets word ( via a hidden ear piece ) that the infiltration was successful. He gets so excited, that he screams, blowing his cover and has to come up with some improvised recovery.

The movie is too old to find decent clips.

LOL The scene was that Seth Green was a programmer / hacker. He did a complex hack in the middle of a crowded airport ( imagine Tom Cruise hanging up side down with red lasers everywhere ala Mission Impossible etc. ). Seth Green gets word ( via a hidden ear piece ) that the infiltration was successful. He gets so excited, that he screams, blowing his cover and has to come up with some improvised recovery.

The movie is too old to find decent clips.

Sorry, that wasn't in reference to your clip. I was referencing the OP's video with the troll playing the "Wildcard, Bitches" sound clip from Always Sunny.

Well aware of the Italian Job scene, awesome movie. Who knew watching Seth Green doing Rally's commercials would hit it so big?

theres been a few people that have done shit like this, it never turns out well for them in the end.. plenty of people have had paypal and bank accounts frozen for fraud claims. early days of twitch it was easy to get away with it because no one cared, now that streaming is actually big business banks and paypal/other online payment services are finally taking scams like that seriously.

I read the article and I believe the title is misleading. For one, calling the boy a troll may be far from the truth. Perhaps he intended to chargeback all streamers, but this is just a guess for the most part. Chargeback was made only towards a particular streamer. But, hey, the word troll makes for a flashy heading.

Back