Twitch Streaming Service Has Been Blocked in China

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Twitch has been blocked in China after Chinese citizens flocked to the free streaming service to watch the Asian Games. Due to state broadcaster CCTV's complete lack of coverage of the event, Twitch became the third most popular app in the iOS App Store in China. Even though Chinese esports players brought home two gold medals, it is speculated that the Chinese government may have been upset at the number of Chinese viewers trash talking South Korean viewers in Twitch chat. I wonder how Valve's Steam Store, which is already partially blocked in China, and its DOTA 2 tournaments will be received in the future as Shanghai has been chosen as the host city for The International 2019.

Twitch’s disappearance has caused quite a bit of an uproar online in China. A Chinese netizen said the shutdown is a crackdown on free speech: "All things that don’t jive with Xi Jinping Thoughts will be blocked." If it is a crackdown, it puts Twitch in elite company: Facebook, Google and YouTube are all banned in China, along with Reddit, which was recently blocked.

eh china has their own streaming service(which sucks), so not surprised they officially blocked it now. i will say though if you think the shit talking from westerners is bad on twitch, should see the true translations of some of the shit the chinese say.. they take it to a whole new level.

Even though Chinese esports players brought home two gold medals, it is speculated that the Chinese government may have been upset at the number of Chinese viewers trash talking South Korean viewers in Twitch chat.

HAHAHAHA twitch bring out the best in everyone.

in China, good foreign idea/service = ban + we will copy paste our own
and sometimes after letting these foreign companies in first w/ caveat for tech transfer / knowledge sharing

so much ridicule when china complains about them playing fair but get undeserved sanctions and tariffs form the US

Reactions: Madoc
like this

upload_2018-9-21_23-32-26.jpeg

in China, good foreign idea/service = ban + we will copy paste our own
and sometimes after letting these foreign companies in first w/ caveat for tech transfer / knowledge sharing

so much ridicule when china complains about them playing fair but get undeserved sanctions and tariffs form the US

while thats true.. can you blame them?? I mean, enough foreigners keep showing up in the hopes of making a buck.. they have to be chuckling to themselves

The West's greatest modern shame is how we normalized China in the name of making a buck.

I mean we're (government) kinda looking up to them the way things are going, our system is constantly working to meet theirs halfway each day. They're just another form of oligarchy.

https://www.businessinsider.com/major-study-finds-that-the-us-is-an-oligarchy-2014-4

Authoritarian vs republic roots reaching a common end goal in evolution, pretty interesting. Maybe that's the future of 21st century governing in general.

Last edited:
A Chinese netizen said the shutdown is a crackdown on free speech

I mean, has he checked where he is lately?

while thats true.. can you blame them?? I mean, enough foreigners keep showing up in the hopes of making a buck.. they have to be chuckling to themselves

the West's citizens has learned that form of exploitation in their country is not good. ( eg American tech companies in the EU)
Too bad Chinese citizens are groomed from young not to question.

The opioid epidemic and lack of treatment are more shameful than that.

China was not a gleaming jewel of social rights back then . But they sure know how to blame others. ( from Mongols to the Japs)

And the opioid wars was how long back then? These days , it's just an excuse. Like using slavery as an argument...

China was not a gleaming jewel of social rights back then . But they sure know how to blame others. ( from Mongols to the Japs)

And the opioid wars was how long back then? These days , it's just an excuse. Like using slavery as an argument...
I think you misunderstood his post entirely.
Opium Wars (mid 1800's) ≠ opioid epidemic (today).

eh china has their own streaming service(which sucks), so not surprised they officially blocked it now. i will say though if you think the shit talking from westerners is bad on twitch, should see the true translations of some of the shit the chinese say.. they take it to a whole new level.
They might squash dissent, but they havent clipped the balls of the male population.

United States opioid epidemic

Back