Twitch Relents And Allows Breastfeeding On Stream Amid Controversy

There is an easy way to avoid seeing it ... look away.

But that would mean seeing it and recognizing it and then looking away, its too late by that point. That logic is utterly stupid.

How about add a NSFW tag and be done with it? Whats so hard about that?
It only makes sense, and it would make a way for kids that actually want to watch games streams avoid it.

When i have kids, i wouldn't want them stumbling upon that while trying to find something else (you can say that with the internet in general though, not just twitch).

This does not need to be in mainstream twitch game streams no matter how "natural" breast feeding is.

But that would mean seeing it and recognizing it and then looking away, its too late by that point. That logic is utterly stupid.

It only makes sense, and it would make a way for kids that actually want to watch games streams avoid it.

When i have kids, i wouldn't want them stumbling upon that while trying to find something else (you can say that with the internet in general though, not just twitch).

This does not need to be in mainstream twitch game streams no matter how "natural" breast feeding is.
Oh noes you may see a mother feeding her baby for a split second a most traumatizing experience ... “Won’t somebody please think of the children”

Don't have kids

Twitch long since left the realm of being 'gaming only'
They're hosting a fuckton of various youtube style "stars", and have for a while.

And breastfeeding isn't one of them.(well NOW it is!) Draw a line somewhere. Everything does not need to be accepted by everyone.

And let's be real...all of non gaming viewership doesn't add up to the even the Fortnite viewership. It's a gaming site.

Oh noes you may see a mother feeding her baby for a split second a most traumatizing experience ... “Won’t somebody please think of the children”
If you apply common sense, then your statement is not very bright. It should have a NSFW on it. Not all places might be forgiving and see it as something else.
It's the same as watching a video of somebody use the restroom, it's natural but might not be the best for work viewing. Same with sex. NSFW, pretty simple.

From my perspective, she's not the actual issue, but is just the straw on the camel. I think a lot of parents are cool with their kids going to a site showing gamers and games, but then there's this palette of ... other stuff. The actual breastfeeding is mild IMO.

They really can solve all this by making a subdomain where anything potentially NSFW can exist, and the THOTs can peddle their wares. Twitch can have their grey area there, and concerned people can block it if they wish. The rest of the site can remain actually about games.

As has been pointed out in this thread, there are a million sites to go to for other stuff. It might be nice if one site was actually all about games, and not about people in low cut tops flirting for money. Just give people some control - and the "controversy" will go away.

Why should I have to see breastfeeding on a regular twitch channel!?!??!??!?!??!
Also if my wife saw me watching something like that, she would think of something entirely different, even if you explain it.....
If you live alone, then you won't have these problems

If you apply common sense, then your statement is not very bright. It should have a NSFW on it. Not all places might be forgiving and see it as something else.
It's the same as watching a video of somebody use the restroom, it's natural but might not be the best for work viewing. Same with sex. NSFW, pretty simple.
Nope ... breastfeeding is NOT the same as using the restroom. I don't feel that should have to be explained.

Ya but formula is expensive and very cost prohibitive, not to mention not nearly as good for a child as actual breast milk. And sure you can pump but you can only pump, store and carry around so much with you. My wife could only pump so much, and if we went to the city for the day we always needed to breastfeed. Neither of us agreed that formula was a good option due to both health and cost so when our children were hungry we fed them.

I agree it's awkward when a mother breastfeeds in front of you but if the child needs it neither you or I have any right to say that it's wrong.

Propriety and discretion otherwise don't get upset when some stare. Some here are trying to tie this in with the La Leche League propaganda. Feeding your kid with discretion while out and about, out of stored milk is one thing. Whipping out the milkers on a Twitch stream is another.

Propriety and discretion otherwise don't get upset when some stare. Some here are trying to tie this in with the La Leche League propaganda. Feeding your kid with discretion while out and about, out of stored milk is one thing. Whipping out the milkers on a Twitch stream is another.
Agreed, hence why I didn't bring up the whole twitch thing and if you read farther down the posts I made the same statement that if they don't want people to stare they need to cover up or go somewhere private. I was strictly referring to people making generalized comments about women breastfeeding in public. Twitch is a private company and should have the right to decide what can and cannot be on a stream.

Last edited:
i have to respectfully disagree with your assessment. you seem to be forgetting that which starts life in the first place (which i might add tends to be a private affair). also... milk, baby formula, or even *gasp* stored breast milk.
The concept of formula and stored milk was actually brought up and discussed already after those post so I'm not gonna bother repeating that. Your welcome to disagree but again my point stands I don't see any reason why you whipping out your pecker is needed for a child's wellbeing unlike breastfeeding.

The concept of formula and stored milk was actually brought up and discussed already after those post so I'm not gonna bother repeating that. Your welcome to disagree but again my point stands I don't see any reason why you whipping out your pecker is needed for a child's wellbeing unlike breastfeeding.

I'm going to take this off on a different tangent.

Here in Cambridge, Massachusetts it's acceptable for men and women to share the same bathroom at the same time. I personally do not like this practice. I am seriously just curious here...do you find genderless/shared bathrooms acceptable?

I'm going to take this off on a different tangent.

Here in Cambridge, Massachusetts it's acceptable for men and women to share the same bathroom at the same time. I personally do not like this practice. I am seriously just curious here...do you find genderless/shared bathrooms acceptable?
Personally it wouldn't bother me, it would be no more awkward having a woman in the same public bathroom than having a strange dude 1 ft beside me using a urinal at the same time but I totally understand people's hesitations to it. There are to many creepy ass fucked up guys that would make it a seriously uncomfortable experience for woman, and at the very least would need the bathroom to be floor to ceiling locking stalls for privacy.

Here in Canada (atleast where I'm from) it's common to have a male, female and family bathroom where the family is totally unisex.

the La Leche League

This sounds like a winning name for either an all-lactation Fortnite clan, or a mail-order "breastmilk of the month" club. Or both.

And most guys posting in this thread about the need for these women to [Mike Pence voice] "cover up in the name of all that is holy and decent" would be all over that. You know they would.

Personally it wouldn't bother me, it would be no more awkward having a woman in the same public bathroom than having a strange dude 1 ft beside me using a urinal at the same time but I totally understand people's hesitations to it. There are to many creepy ass fucked up guys that would make it a seriously uncomfortable experience for woman, and at the very least would need the bathroom to be floor to ceiling locking stalls for privacy.

Here in Canada (atleast where I'm from) it's common to have a male, female and family bathroom where the family is totally unisex.

Well damn! You can't come back with a perfectly acceptable answer!

I myself, am very prudish/conservative while you, clearly are more open towards these things. Nothing wrong with either. Thanks for answering.

I would say that I am a pretty liberal guy but unless the subject of her stream is breastfeeding why would this person not step away? I have a 3 year old and I would step away to feed her with a bottle. Seems like she should thank twitch for preventing her body and baby from being exploited by internet pervs, unless.....

I would say that I am a pretty liberal guy but unless the subject of her stream is breastfeeding why would this person not step away? I have a 3 year old and I would step away to feed her with a bottle. Seems like she should thank twitch for preventing her body and baby from being exploited by internet pervs, unless.....

Let's talk about your 3 year old you are hand bottle feeding?

Sorry for double post but how can you not come to this conclusion in this "please look at me" day and age.

For the last time, this woman isn't doing it for the attention.

upload_2019-8-21_13-23-14.png

#ThurstyThursday!

Last edited:
I figured as much, just couldn't pass up on poking ya with that :D

Oh, this is a thing. I have a friend who is breastfeeding a 4 year old. It's REALLY weird when a child walks up, and speaks in a full sentence "Need booby mommy", complete with the shirt going up.

I have to think this is infringing upon Dad's territory past the age of 1-and-change.

Oh, this is a thing. I have a friend who is breastfeeding a 4 year old. It's REALLY weird when a child walks up, and speaks in a full sentence "Need booby mommy", complete with the shirt going up.

I have to think this is infringing upon Dad's territory past the age of 1-and-change.
4? Holy crap. I wonder when she is going to stop. Maybe 12, before they hit being a teenager?

wow. who am i to judge though......nevermind, wtf are they doing? That is gonna get weird when they need it at their job, or if they go military i dont think they will accommodate the nutritional needs.

wow. who am i to judge though......nevermind, wtf are they doing? That is gonna get weird when they need it at their job, or if they go military i dont think they will accommodate the nutritional needs.
They could ask if any of the fellow coworkers can give them a few suckles? Too weird?

well by that logic, a penis should be allowed to be visible in public because it is part of the process to make humans.
If being allowed to whip out a penis in public (instead of shamefully covering it) would contribute to solving public health problems, then I am all for it being allowed, Puritans be damned.

The message that mothers need to hear, that it is ok to breastfeed your child wherever you are and whatever you are doing otherwise, and not need to be ashamed of it, is an important one. And I am happy that Twitch understands this.
also... milk, baby formula, or even *gasp* stored breast milk.
All of which are measurably worse in key performance criteria (such as keeping the baby alive) compared to the real thing.
How about add a NSFW tag and be done with it?
NSFW is quite ironic, given how an important part of the WHO campaign on breastfeeding is having employers create a positive environment for mothers to breastfeed at the workplace.
Having a kiddo will push you out of the plebeian 12oz range into the artisanal 22oz territory.
Actually, mean BMI of mothers who have 1-2 kids and breastfeed them for 6+ months is below that of nulliparous women. It is however difficult to draw conclusions from that, as socio-economic status is correlated to both obesity rates and breastfeeding rates.

tileshop.jpg

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22777544

Back