Twitch Announces Multiple Exciting Features for Live- Streams at TwitchCon 2018

cageymaru

Fully [H]
At TwitchCon 2018, Twitch announced several new features to make live-streaming more exciting for the audience. In turn it is expected that these new features will generate more traffic and revenue for streamers. The first feature called Squad Stream will allow up to 4 streamers to stream together in a single view that will be seen by viewers when they enter any of the 4 streamer's channels. The channel that the viewer chooses to highlight is the chat that the viewer will see and participate in. A simple click will allow viewers to hop channels seamlessly.

Streamers will finally be able to give viewers that they appreciate VIP status which means that they will have most of the basic perks of a subscription to the channel. Streamers will also be able to give users roles such as editor, moderator, etc from the dashboard. Subscribers will be able to show their total number of months that they have subbed to a channel. Some Snapchat features have been integrated into Twitch. A new bounty board of sponsored opportunities will be available to streamers in November. Last of all, Twitch Sings is coming to the platform. This will allow streamers and viewers to collaborate on a karaoke like experience and request music.

To make it easier for streamers to find sponsored opportunities that feel authentic and align with their communities' interests we're opening Bounty Board to 30 more brands starting in November. Partners and select affiliates in the U.S. and Canada will be able to use Bounty Board to earn even more, and coming in 2019 and we'll open it to more affiliates and more countries beginning with the UK.

I hope they let more steamers have the 720p @ 30FPS live conversion feature. That is the most optimal visuals and performance for people like me.

I hope they let more steamers have the 720p @ 30FPS live conversion feature. That is the most optimal visuals and performance for people like me.

Yeah, I get frustrated with some videos that don't have good live conversion options.

HEVC would be nice too, both for small-time streamers and bandwidth starved users on the other end. But I guess Twitch is waiting for AV1 to go mainstream?

How about reliable streaming for foreign viewers? That app some random created that multi threaded the download or something meant I could stream decent res on a 30mbit connection but they shut it down. Now it’s back to endless buffering on native (serously, it’s like a 4.5mbit stream tops?). I’d have thought Amazon could figure out video streaming but clearly not, back to YouTube I go.

Oh and an AppleTV app but no, because s***ty Fire whatever devices that you don’t sell here. Amazon is a potato company.

Back