TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN G <> Intel DX48BT2

Gomjaba

Weaksauce
Not sure if this is something for the memory forum or the motherboard - please move if I am in the wrong forum here :)

I want to use the Intel DX48BT2 motherboard and the Q9450 CPU.

According to the Corsair forums it seems it does support it, but people seem to have all sorts of problem with this ram (XMP not working etc.).

My question now : Does this Ram work with this motherboard and CPU together well WITHOUT modifying ANY bios settings manually.

If not, what do you have to set in the bios in order to make it rock solid.

Thanks

The RAM will work just fine with that MOBO as long as the Intel bios correctly uses the XMP profile in the SPD. XMP is Intel's standard so it should be good to go.

Would I have to make any manual changes in the settings if so, which would that be ?

I am also wondering ( I never really cared about the details to be honest) - the CPU has 1333 Mhz - does that mean XMP overclocks the CPU automatically ?!?

Sorry for those n00b questions :)

I don't have the Intel board - I've got an ASUS (P5E3 Premium), also X48. That said, I've tried X.M.P. memory, and yes, depending on your configuration, you may have to make manual changes (relaxing timings or increasing Northbridge voltages for example). Or you may not need to at all. It really depends on configuration, etc.

Personally I couldn't get X.M.P. stable at the rated speeds on my board even with multiple changes - decided to go with a cheaper less aggressive kit that works at the rated speeds instead with only one voltage raised (Northbridge). I think a lot of the issues I've had is my processor (QX9770) as it seems high performand DDR3 has an issue on my board with that particular CPU. But unfortunately it's not always as easy as set it and forget it like advertised.

(One clarification - X.M.P. did technically work out of the box, and I installed Windows, etc. just fine. It was also *relatively* stable. But it wasn't completely stable, and I would get occasional Memtest86+ errors and Prime95 crashes).

I suppose those expensive kits are really just for people who don't mind playing around in the bios until they finally find a setting which just works ...

I feel sometimes like a beta tester to be honest :) :)

Mm... just checked Intel's website

http://www.intel.com/consumer/game/extreme-memory.htm

The board doesn't even appear there anywhere .. (P5E3 Delux does though) ..

Mike, can you suggest any detail settings I may have to perform in order to get a stable system ?

Not sure if this is something for the memory forum or the motherboard - please move if I am in the wrong forum here :)

I want to use the Intel DX48BT2 motherboard and the Q9450 CPU.

According to the Corsair forums it seems it does support it, but people seem to have all sorts of problem with this ram (XMP not working etc.).

My question now : Does this Ram work with this motherboard and CPU together well WITHOUT modifying ANY bios settings manually.

If not, what do you have to set in the bios in order to make it rock solid.

Thanks

I've got some TW3X4G1600C9DHX G modules (2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz modules) and they work ok with the DX48BT2. In automatic mode the board sets the RAM at DDR3 1066MHz with the timings at 7,7,7,20,1T at 1.54v. The modules (according to their own markings) support speeds up to 1600MHz at 9,9,9,24 at 1.80v. I do not believe these modules support XMP.

I've got some TW3X4G1600C9DHX ......... I do not believe these modules support XMP.

Correct, only the parts with the IN designation at the end of the part number support XMP. The parts referenced in this thread do support XMP.

Correct, only the parts with the IN designation at the end of the part number support XMP. The parts referenced in this thread do support XMP.

So far the memory I've got works very well. It does every bit of 1600MHz which is what I was shooting for. I didn't even think about XMP though and purchased these in a hurry at a local store.

Regardless, its' solid RAM so far.

So far the memory I've got works very well. It does every bit of 1600MHz which is what I was shooting for. I didn't even think about XMP though and purchased these in a hurry at a local store.

Regardless, its' solid RAM so far.

Just thought I give an update in case someone else is looking for some advise ..

This Ram is brilliant ... just bought a second 4GB pair :p

This Ram is brilliant ... just bought a second 4GB pair :p
To paraphrase one of my favorite beverage commercials; "You bought a second set?....BRILLIANT!"

All joking aside, we appreciate your business and are glad you like our memory.

Back