Tweet Puts Fleetwood Mac Back Into The Billboard Music Charts

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
The song "Dreams" was released way back in 1977 and hit number 1 in June of that year. Recently, in a response to a tweet that said Fleetwood Mac songs are boring, a Twitter user posted a video of the song showing Alcorn State University dancers dancing to the song. As a result the video went viral and "Dreams" is back on the Billboard's Hot Rock Songs chart. This just shows how powerful social media is these days. For good or bad we're stuck with it. You can check out the tweet in question here.

"Dreams" originally was No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in June 1977. It returned to the Billboard Hot Rock list on April 7th at No. 14. Older songs often make their way back onto the Billboard charts through placement on soundtracks and movies. Billboard notes that the 2000 song "For the Damaged Coda" by Blonde Redhead made the Billboard list last week, thanks to a Rick and Morty meme.

Now if we can only do that with Erasure's "Always" I would be satisfied with that moderate troll of the social media water ways.
If only I was allowed to take video at work... I am somewhat (ok, ok, 100%) responsible for a bunch of guys and some gals in full law enforcement gear, some carrying assault rifles, sometimes singing and dancing to Always on our lunch breaks.

What kind of asshole thinks that Fleetwood Mac songs are boring. You know how many times I got laid and still do to their songs? GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

What kind of asshole thinks that Fleetwood Mac songs are boring. You know how many times I got laid and still do to their songs? GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
The same kind of people that thought Kanye West "discovered" Sir Paul McCartney.

dancing to the song
It seems more like someone taking the song and replacing the audio of that video with it...

Now if we can only do that with Erasure's "Always" I would be satisfied with that moderate troll of the social media water ways.

This kind of already happened, actually. Look up "Robot Unicorn Attack". That little flash game shot the song back into the public consciousness and introduced a whole new generation to it!! Have to give a certain amount of credit to 4Chan which had an...event..of sorts when entire boards were splashed with "Harmony" rainbows and the song played on a loop!

Of course Twitter went nuts for it. Dreams is an amazing song, and the poor benighted youth of today don't get songs of that calibre from their artists.

The songs are so boring, that you might as well just bang, so you don't have to pay attention to it?

The songs are so boring, that you might as well just bang, so you don't have to pay attention to it?

crankyclint.jpg

Back