Tweaking Z370 Hero X - 9900K

brentsg

[H]ard|Gawd
I posted this elsewhere and not getting any traction. Mostly trying to decipher the HWiNFO stuff.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a work @ home machine with the Hero X Z370, and I've dropped a 9900K in.

Since stability is key, I'm looking for a middle ground for performance. When using mostly auto and XMP settings, I noticed that my Vcore was spiking to 1.4V+ which is unnecessary.

I have attempted to setup the system to use the stock turbo speeds and adaptive with 1.3V, no offset (for a starting point). Edit: Now dropped to 1.25V.

Like:
XMP Enabled
MCE Disabled (with no response)
AVX offset - 3
SVID Enabled
SVID Best Case
Cpu Core/Cache Current Limit - Max
Adaptive Vcore - 1.25V
LLC=6
CPU Current - 140%
Long/Short Duration - Both Max
IA/DC LLC - 0.01

All of the Speedstep stuff is on.

Just kicking around and running some stress tests I seem to generally be maxing out at around Vcore=1.232V (VID 1.239V) with temps peaking at 79C with 1 hour Prime95 (no AVX). Package power <170W. I'm seeing occasional overshoot to 1.296V.

HWINFO is flagging the following:

-IA Max Turbo Limit
-RING: Max VR Voltage; ICCMax; PL4
-IA Turbo Attenuation (MCT)

I assume the turbo stuff is normal since the system is being forced to abide by the default Intel turbo bins.

I have no idea, even after research.. what the Ring: Max VR Voltage; ICCMax; PL4 flag is for. This is being flagged as Yes under all conditions including just idling along.

Thoughts on the HWINFO flags appreciated. -RING: Max VR Voltage; ICCMax; PL4 is the one I'm really trying to wrap my head around.

Last edited:
I posted this elsewhere and not getting any traction. Mostly trying to decipher the HWiNFO stuff.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a work @ home machine with the Hero X Z370, and I've dropped a 9900K in.

Since stability is key, I'm looking for a middle ground for performance. When using mostly auto and XMP settings, I noticed that my Vcore was spiking to 1.4V+ which is unnecessary.

I have attempted to setup the system to use the stock turbo speeds and adaptive with 1.3V, no offset (for a starting point). Edit: Now dropped to 1.25V.

Like:
XMP Enabled
MCE Disabled (with no response)
AVX offset - 3
SVID Enabled
SVID Best Case
Cpu Core/Cache Current Limit - Max
Adaptive Vcore - 1.25V
LLC=6
CPU Current - 140%
Long/Short Duration - Both Max
IA/DC LLC - 0.01

All of the Speedstep stuff is on.

Just kicking around and running some stress tests I seem to generally be maxing out at around Vcore=1.232V (VID 1.239V) with temps peaking at 79C with 1 hour Prime95 (no AVX). Package power <170W. I'm seeing occasional overshoot to 1.296V.

HWINFO is flagging the following:

-IA Max Turbo Limit
-RING: Max VR Voltage; ICCMax; PL4
-IA Turbo Attenuation (MCT)

I assume the turbo stuff is normal since the system is being forced to abide by the default Intel turbo bins.

I have no idea, even after research.. what the Ring: Max VR Voltage; ICCMax; PL4 flag is for. This is being flagged as Yes under all conditions including just idling along.

Thoughts on the HWINFO flags appreciated. -RING: Max VR Voltage; ICCMax; PL4 is the one I'm really trying to wrap my head around.

What are SA and IO reading?

What are SA and IO reading?

IO set for 1.15, reading up to 1.186 in HWiNFO
SA set for 1.2, reading up to 1.224 in HWiNFO

I thought maybe it was CPU current so I dropped it to 100%, still flagging that weird variable (RING: Max VR Voltage; ICCMax; PL4).

Prob just going to ignore it but would be nice to know what it means.

Back