Tweaking the 'Recent Programs' Start Menu in WinXP

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
In Windows XP, when using the standard Start Menu (with the recent applications as well as separate 'All Programs' lists), I like how the Recent Programs list gives me quick access to a handful of useful applications. However, is there a way to make the applications in this list 'stickied' and non-dynamic. For example, I'd like to have my VPN Client, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and a few of my Engineering tools in the list -- forever. Is this a tweak that's doable?

drag them up to under where mail and internet are. they stay there, and you can reorder/change them (when i say under mail/internet, i say under them, but above the line thats under them)

4b5eN+EE said:
drag them up to under where mail and internet are. they stay there, and you can reorder/change them (when i say under mail/internet, i say under them, but above the line thats under them)

that's exactly where I'm talking about. I've done that and Windows still re-orders the list dynamincally as I open and use other programs. For example, I may not use EagleCAD every day (so windows eventually removes it from this list) but I still want it to be there forever.

Even if you DO drag the program to the TOP of the menu? It works for me.

Also do this:

Right Click Start Menu
Properties
Start Menu
Customize
Under the programs section, arrow it down to "0"

bLaCktIGErs91 said:
Even if you DO drag the program to the TOP of the menu? It works for me.

Also do this:

Right Click Start Menu
Properties
Start Menu
Customize
Under the programs section, arrow it down to "0"

got it. thanks! that was the ticket.

Back