tv tuner, suggestions

re1ex

n00b
Hi my sister is looking for a tv tuner card, but her budget is low

Can someone recomend a non ati tv tuner and some good software?

Thanks in advanced

up until recently you could get the 250's for $99 on e*bay. I think I remember them being OEM's from Dell or Gateway. I just looked and it appears they've dried up :( The 250 is a very nice card, which works well with all the major frontends (beyond, etc.)

Interesting. I knew those cards were the OEM's from the first run of MCPC's. Why would the ATI card, although cheaper, be a better option than a 250 minus the FM radio?

Why would the ATI card, although cheaper, be a better option than a 250 minus the FM radio?
The ATI card is sold as an OEM too in two different styles, one with both VIVO using that Theater 200 chip found on all current AIW cards and an FM tuner. The other is a barebones kind of deal where all you get is the tuner (I would not recommend such card unless your adding it to an existing 250/250MCE/350/ full E-Home Wonder setup).
I wouldn't say it's a better option then a 250 (are we talking regular 250 here?) but it does have many options that make it more attractive (much like the Darkside ;) ). If you don't need/ want VIVO or an FM tuner then the 250 is the king. I guess it pretty much comes down to features. You could also look into the "Roslyn" cards: http://www.pcalchemy.com/index.php/cPath/43?osCsid=78bb3e478db6c5ee94bea8e6d06c5484
I have been reading many comment on the quality of the "Blackbird" cards:
E-Home Wonder- Everyone pretty much has said that the quality is comparable to a 250.
Avermedia M150- Comments are about how the tuner used is not that good making the quality to look alittle "cheap"

Back