TV Tuner has wrong channel

omjeremy

Limp Gawd
I just got basic cable from Comcast. I have an ATI TV Tuner 650 PCI. It works great except for one thing...

I can't get Fox. Telemundo comes through instead. I'm thinking it may be a software issue. When I first got cable it worked. Then I set WMC (Win 7) to record a show on Fox. I loaded WMC while it was recording and stopped recording it. Then when I stopped recording and went to Fox, it was Telemundo.

I've tried other tuner software (SageTV and BeyondTV) to see if it's just WMC, but I can't get any of them to work.

So my question... is this a software issue or a comcast issue?

Unfortunately, Comcast has rearranged the channels. Also, in many areas, even the basic cable service (which was almost entirely analog) is being dropped completely, replaced by a digital service which requires Comcast's own box just to even receive any channels. Too bad most of the digital channels air programming that's restricted by Program Access Control - some of which you can't even record at all for later viewing while others allow only playback on the exact same device that recorded the program (usually the built-in DVR in Comcast's boxes, which is disabled if the subscriber did not order a DVR service). And still others allow only archival of recorded programming in a degraded analog form.

Unfortunately, Comcast has rearranged the channels. Also, in many areas, even the basic cable service (which was almost entirely analog) is being dropped completely, replaced by a digital service which requires Comcast's own box just to even receive any channels.

Call Comcast. Maybe Fox is on a new channel.

Thank you for the quick replies. I had a feeling it was Comcast's fault. I hope to figure out which channel is fox now.

Back