TV problem on Vista

mlewis

Limp Gawd
I have just installed the 64bit edition of Vista Home Premium on my PC and am dual booting with XP (I have a film scanner with no Vista 64 drivers).

I have a TV card that works fine under WinXP using the software that came with it. When using Vista in both Media Centre and the TV card's software the live TV display is unwatchable due to video and and audio stuttering. Occasionally the live TV is fine in MCE and the TV card's software.

I am trying to watch over the air DTV braodcasts in the UK. DVD playback seems to be fine indicating the MPEG2 decoder is working ok.

I have current drivers for everything and the TV card is one that should work with MCE/Vista64.

I'm thinking that it can't be a hardware issue as I am using the same stuff in XP and Vista as I have a dual boot setup.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I had stuttering - its a sporadic annoyance- a reboot sometimes fixes that- also install the tv card farthest away from the video card, sometimes shared irq's cause this stuttering - hope this works.

The tv card is a Kworld 310 - a pci express one - and is in the furthest slot from my graphics card.

Everything worked fine last night. Damn intermittent problems.

Back