TV-Out on any of the s754 6100 boards?

Firelord

Limp Gawd
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of the mATX GeForce 6100 boards have TV-out on them (either via bracket or back plane). To have both s-video and rca would be great but if not then either would do.

So far i'm outta luck

no i am just about positive that no 6100 boards with either socket have tv out. a couple 6150 boards have it but there are no s754 6150 boards as i guess you know.

Thats just crap imo. They've got a huge oppurtunity here to really break the HTPC market with the 6100/6150 boards and missing out cos of lack of TV Out!

Most people building HTPC's are using skt939 for the more powerful processors any way, so most of them just get a 6150 board (some of which even have HDTV out onboard!)

Spend the extra $30 or so and go 939, if oyu were looking at any processer that would not put you within $30 of 939, you were looking at one too slow to be a really good HTPC.

sir_pyro said:
Most people building HTPC's are using skt939 for the more powerful processors any way, so most of them just get a 6150 board (some of which even have HDTV out onboard!)
Yup, thats pretty much what has been happening recently (well, those that go uATX). I would suggest spenting the extra money for s939 too and getting a 6150 mobo (the MSI looks really nice IMO).

See I already have the s754 CPU that I was given as part payment of a job I did (its a newcastle 3000+) and can only really afford to grab a motherboard (will sell my duron 1600, VA-20 and Radeon 9250) if I could get a 6100/6150 board with TV-Out. It seems it can't be difficult to add TV-Out to these boards!

Currently its not there.

So you will have to add an additional card for this feature. Its not that difficult either ;).

Treyshadow said:
Currently its not there.

So you will have to add an additional card for this feature. Its not that difficult either ;).

No its not but the idea is to keep costs down...

Back