TV / Display recommendation with Apple TV 4K

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I am not sure if this is the right section to post this thread. Which TV would you like to recommend, which I can connect with Apple TV 4K along with a pair of Home Pods 2 for a small room.

Any TV you want.
/thread.

A TV is a TV. While there could be some discussion about what OS certain TV's are running on and integration, if your intended use case is the AppleTV 4k, it doesn't matter at all. You'd be ignoring all that.

Personal recommendation? Sony A95k. It doesn't have as great maximum brightness as the Samsung S95B, but it has significantly better color accuracy, and I would say the best maximum image quality.

But if you buy a Sony A95k, LG G2, or Samsung S95B, you're buying a TV in the top 1% of the market. Each will be excellent with different tradeoffs. In absolute image performance the Sony is top. The Samsung is the brightest and is probably the best specifically for PC gaming/reading text. The LG is the least expensive out of the flagship options.

Last edited:
Any TV you want.
/thread.

A TV is a TV. While there could be some discussion about what OS certain TV's are running on and integration, if your intended use case is the AppleTV 4k, it doesn't matter at all. You'd be ignoring all that.

Personal recommendation? Sony A95k. It doesn't have as great maximum brightness as the Samsung S95B, but it's significantly more accurate with much better color accuracy.

But if you buy a Sony A95k, LG G2, or Samsung S95B, you're buying a TV in the top 1% of the market. Each will be excellent with different tradeoffs. In absolute image performance the Sony is top. The Samsung is the brightest and is probably the best specifically for PC gaming. The LG is the least expensive out of the flagship options.
Thanks for the recommendation. My pocket isn't deep enough to spend so much $$ for a TV and my room is small so a 65 inch might take enough space on the wall. I would rather prefer something in Mid Range, LED 4K TV in which I can enjoy good cinematic experience while watching movies and it should have sufficient smart TV features to integrate an Apple TV without any hassle.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation. My pocket isn't deep enough to spend so much $$ for a TV and my room is small so a 65 inch might take enough space on the wall. I would rather prefer something in Mid Range, LED 4K TV but it should have sufficient smart TV features to integrate an Apple TV without any hassle.
If you don't care about cable, or OTA broadcasts, then it doesn't matter. If your goal is 100% streaming services only and to essentially "run the display" through AppleTV, then you're effectively ignoring any "compatibility". It's just HDMI in and that's it.
I personally also prefer to avoid all internal OS'. I have no desire for Google to gain internet access through my TV and get all my behaviors etc.

For bang for the buck: the LG C2 is an easy recommendation. It's often possible to buy the 42" model for <$900. The 55" is also usually very reasonably priced at ~$1200. Bonus that it works well as a PC monitor and for text.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back