Turning Off Wi-Fi And Bluetooth In iOS 11's Control Center Doesn't Actually Turn Off Wi-Fi or BT

Moving the goal post?
You clearly said "Well, the world is still waiting with bated breath for iPhone to actually be a compromised platform."and you got an answered that refuttede that and are now changing it to " more than android"

Of the two statements I made:

Waiting for it to be a compromised platform.

It's still the most secure platform.

You are choosing to refute that any compromise at all proves it is a "compromised platform".

I didn't change position, the position was stated from the get go.

Not to mention this was the result of me 1st saying that there is more evidence that Apple protects its customers rather than being a puppet for the NSA, which also was not welcomed here.

yes I refuted the one that was proven wrong.
should' t not be a hard concept really.

Jesus christ. Not many iPhone users up in here.

Apple is an extension of the government and spying!!!!

forgets Apple publicly stood up to the FBI and refused to unlock a phone even for "national security".
Its more then that, they refused to give 99% of the government their source code
Of the two statements I made:

Waiting for it to be a compromised platform.

It's still the most secure platform.

You are choosing to refute that any compromise at all proves it is a "compromised platform".

I didn't change position, the position was stated from the get go.

Not to mention this was the result of me 1st saying that there is more evidence that Apple protects its customers rather than being a puppet for the NSA, which also was not welcomed here.
i don't know if this is still the case but 5 years ago i know for a fact apple refused to give the nsa the ios source code.

Its more then that, they refused to give 99% of the government their source code

i don't know if this is still the case but 5 years ago i know for a fact apple refused to give the nsa the ios source code.

It's not beyond the NSA to hack an apple programmer with a phising attack. This would give the gov't access to source "in the name of national security." After all, if the government is willing to intercept CISCO networking hardware en route and replace the fimware to install backdoors for spying, it's not beyond them to do this IMHO.

It certainly would be better for them if they got permission from Apple. Because if they get their hand caught in the cookie jar it looks bad.

I would hope all electronic devices are baned form classified environments allrady

That's....not how it works. Computers are used to process classified data, albeit on an "air-gapped" network. There are certain areas where personal electronic devices are absolutely prohibited (vaults, SCIFs), but generally, employees are allowed to bring personal electronic devices into "limited" areas as long as wifi and bluetooth are disabled and must be kept away from equipment that processes classified data.

That's....not how it works. Computers are used to process classified data, albeit on an "air-gapped" network. There are certain areas where personal electronic devices are absolutely prohibited (vaults, SCIFs), but generally, employees are allowed to bring personal electronic devices into "limited" areas as long as wifi and bluetooth are disabled and must be kept away from equipment that processes classified data.
Nice to know but kinda surprised they allow any thing with how easy it is to hack a phone to do stuff like record video and audio or take pics.

Nice to know but kinda surprised they allow any thing with how easy it is to hack a phone to do stuff like record video and audio or take pics.

Bluetooth is the big absolute NOPE and if you discover it's enabled on your phone, you are required to report it to security immediately.

Honestly, everything truly boils down to the honor system; you are being trusted to do the right thing and follow protocol when you are granted a clearance....so, yeah.

Just got this message on my phone when I used the Control Panel to turn off WiFi. Was still confusing, but at least with keywords google helped me better understand.

controlcenterwifitoggles.jpg

Back