Turning Games into Movies?

RumRobber

n00b
I just read an article that said that there is currently 28 games being made into movies!!

I cant imagine what the storyline will be for some of them - Spyro & Earthworm Jim:confused:

Some of these were pretty awful as games, hate to think what the movie will be like ... what do you think... Hollywood cashing in on the popularity or what?

This is the complete list:

Area 51
Bioshock
Broken Sword
Castlevania
Clock Tower
Cold Fear
Driver
Earthworm Jim
Fear Effect
Gears of War
God of War
Halo
Joust
Kane & Lynch
King of Fighters
Metal Gear Solid
Mortal Kombat
Onimusha
Prince of Persia
Resident Evil 4
Sabotage 1943
Splinter Cell
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter
Tekken
The Legend of Spyro
The Suffering
Warcraft

Hmm from that list I think these might work out:

Driver
Prince of Persia
The Suffering
Kane and Lynch

Also, Joust WTF.

I'd be cool with a Splinter Cell game ... so long as Uwe Boll isn't directing. :(

A Team Fortress 2 movie would be amazing.

God of War, Tekken and Warcraft would be interesting. Some of those have already had movies.
Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat has been done, granted 2 of those are pretty old and campy but have been done.

M. Bison won't ever be the same unless played by Raul Julia....:(

I hope Joust is something in the vein of Tron.. otherwise, I have no idea how the hell they're gonna do it... hopefully not something as horrible as RollerBall....

Can't wait for Katamari Damacy :D

I think a Fallout movie would work. The writers should create an original story out of the Fallout universe though and not use the same story as FO1, FO2, or FO3.

Get Bruce Campbell as lead and we got a movie.

I think a Fallout movie would work. The writers should create an original story out of the Fallout universe though and not use the same story as FO1, FO2, or FO3.

Oh snap--you better call the studio with that idea, son! The Fallout universe with Bruce Campbell as the vault dweller? I'm sold.

SOLD

Castlevania - could be good
Clock Tower - could be good
God of War - Basically already done with beowulf

Good news: they're making your favorite game into a movie.

Bad news: all directed by Uwe Boll.

Good news: they're making your favorite game into a movie.

Bad news: all directed by Uwe Boll.

the world will have it's first global holiday....On the day Uwe Boll dies.

How the hell does he manages to suck as hard as he does I will never know.

Damn Hollywood is out of ideas. First they start making a movie out of every comic book they can get their hands on, now video games. Seriously, Joust and Clock Tower, WTF. Boy, aren't they a creative bunch. :rolleyes:

For Joust, they could just turn the flying ostriches into small dragons and then since there is no plot in the game they could use one from "A Knights Tale" or "Men of Iron" or something like that centered around a flying joust tournament. Ehh, who am I kidding, they will screw it up to the point we wonder how the hell they even thought they could base a movie on a 2d game popular for the Atari 5200.

A Fallout Movie could be epic. But it would take a full trilogy for each of the Fallouts to really get enough into it to make it worth while.

Damn Hollywood is out of ideas. First they start making a movie out of every comic book they can get their hands on, now video games. Seriously, Joust and Clock Tower, WTF. Boy, aren't they a creative bunch. :rolleyes:

They see one of the reasons for their lack of sales growth to be video games. Can't beat em, then buy the ip and destroy it with a movie so bad you want to commit suicide for even considering watching it.

As a side note, just because an ip is licensed does not mean they will ever actually make and release a movie.

+1 for fallout. I think Bioshock if done by rob zombie would work as well.

They didn't include Silent Hill... though the movie wasn't good at all

I'd really like to see a serious attempt at Silent Hill

How bout making one about the good old Dino Crisis game from PS1 :p Humans going back in time to colonized prehistoric world until some dinosaurs overrun the facility, lol

And Parasite Eve too would be great

Splinter Cell was going to become a movie (there was a teaser on the Chaos Theory discs in the Main menu), but the last news I've heard was that the project never made it to production and was shelved indefinitely.

Have you seen the movie, A Boy and His Dog?

I just read an article that said that there is currently 28 games being made into movies!!

This is the complete list:

Area 51
Bioshock
Broken Sword
Castlevania
Clock Tower
Cold Fear
Driver
Earthworm Jim
Fear Effect
Gears of War
God of War
Halo
Joust
Kane & Lynch
King of Fighters
Metal Gear Solid
Mortal Kombat
Onimusha
Prince of Persia
Resident Evil 4
Sabotage 1943
Splinter Cell
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter
Tekken
The Legend of Spyro
The Suffering
Warcraft

29 I guess, you're list left off the Far Cry movie, though with Uwe Boll directing it, that might have been intentional.

Basically....."They" have to make movies....thats what "they" do. Problem is, EVERYTHING has been done already, if not twice or more times with "remakes" and such. "They" just are out of fresh ideas yet still need/WANT to make millions of dollars to keep their way of life going.

TBH, it really doesnt matter if the movie they make sucks and they know it....They also know that they can make the shittiest movie and yet, people will still PAY to go watch it.

:Joust: - Man o man....If and when that does make it to the theaters, I ought to go and stand by the box office and punch each and every person who buys a ticket to see that or at least, knock them upside their heads.

I can only see a few of those actually going into production. I wouldn't mind seeing "Driver" the movie, because I think it would be easily made. The rest of those would be very expensive. The two I would like to see the most though, would have to be Castlevania and Onimusha.

Actually, now that I think about it.....

Half-Life would be a good movie to make......if they did it RIGHT!!!! And for GAWD sakes, keep that Uwe dude from touching it.

Im surprised WoW didnt make it on the list.

Just a bad idea, all around. Video games turned into movies NEVER work.
Yeah, I agree with the exception of a couple, but rarely, is it pulled off. What I don't want to see is another super mario brothers, haha. To the OP: Where did you read that article?

Half-Life would be a good movie to make......if they did it RIGHT!!!
Uh, I think any movie would be a good movie "if they did it right".

Im surprised WoW didnt make it on the list.
I'm not. I don't think Blizzard would ever sell those rights.

Hell why they are at it why not just go ahead and make a Paper Boy movie!

M. Bison won't ever be the same unless played by Raul Julia....:(

I hope Joust is something in the vein of Tron.. otherwise, I have no idea how the hell they're gonna do it... hopefully not something as horrible as RollerBall....

Can't wait for Katamari Damacy :D

Be kind hard since he died in 1994

Oh I know he died back in the day. I was just saying I wouldn't accept another person as M. Bison....

Back