Turn off laptop display to save GPU enable 2 other displays?

rudy

[H]F Junkie
I am wondering if this is possible, can I turn off the display on my laptop, then hook my laptop up to two other displays. And will this save any GPU load / increase FPS in games?
I have recently had to purchase a laptop and theres just no good way to make this work on my desk, it's annoying the keyboard sticking out front and so on. And I cant get the laptop close to my main display without it getting in the way of my hands while gaming. Also the nvidia control panel on the laptop is missing lots of features over my destop control panel, is this normal?

You can disable the laptop's screen in Windows, but it won't stop the integrared graphics from copying the data from the discrete GPU for output. If you use Optimus, you can't tun it off.

Use Windows key plus p to easily select what screen to disable.

Last edited:
So are you saying that I wont save anything on my main GPU even if I disable the primary screen?

So are you saying that I wont save anything on my main GPU even if I disable the primary screen?

1585363232327.jpeg

Well there is a catch. It depends on your laptop actually.

I have an intel cpu with a 630 igp which runs the screen, but I also have a gtx 1060 inside that gets kicked on when I game. BUT, If I plug in a TV on my HDMI out then I can disable the laptop screen and the GTX takes over ALL duty including 2D desktop and has to be configured from with in the NVidia control panel.

Back