Turing based GPUs will carry a higher price than Pascal during the cryptocurrency craze

I'm sure they will have games launching with the card, and maybe some games already out adding the ability to use RTX, otherwise it wouldn't be a selling point. I doubt performance will be much different form Titan V in games, that don't use RTX.

Yeah, I think the +50% over a 1080 Ti is gonna involve clockspeed skullduggery.

A Titan V is only about 30% faster than stock 1080 Ti when running at 1450MHz, but on a hybrid water cooler at 2GHz+ it's about 65% faster.

Since it looks like the new turning cards are being rated at 1750MHz I can see it being "50% faster" than 1080 Ti (at stock ref clocks) without needing any IPC increases.

8_sniper-elite-titan-v-hybrid.png

Yeah, I think the +50% over a 1080 Ti is gonna involve clockspeed skullduggery.

A Titan V is only about 30% faster than stock 1080 Ti when running at 1450MHz, but on a hybrid water cooler at 2GHz+ it's about 65% faster.

Since it looks like the new turning cards are being rated at 1750MHz I can see it being "50% faster" than 1080 Ti (at stock ref clocks) without needing any IPC increases.

View attachment 96003

The only caveat in that chart is that the 1080 Ti isn't reference clocked and has a far better cooling setup over the FE stock turd, it's probably closer to 35-40%.

The only caveat in that chart is that the 1080 Ti isn't reference clocked and has a far better cooling setup over the FE stock turd, it's probably closer to 35-40%.

And you can get a 'hybrid' 1080Ti that runs at the same 2GHz+ clockspeeds all day too. If we're going to compare, might as well do it fairly!

And you can get a 'hybrid' 1080Ti that runs at the same 2GHz+ clockspeeds all day too. If we're going to compare, might as well do it fairly!
Pretty much. The hybrid mod Titan XP that Steve ran in that chart is probably a better comparison and that came in with a 43% deficit to the Hybrid OC Titan V, one can guess that would make a rough 50% difference with a similar solution on a Hybrid OC 1080 Ti.

Is it an american thing to go to bat for, and to protect billion dollar corporations?

Back