Turbo boost 3.0 troubles

kimura14

n00b
Anyone using TBMT 3 with or without overclocking? I had it running on my Asus board, x99e ws usb3 (starting to hate this thing.) I recently upgraded my bios due to stability issues and lost TBMT 3 in the process. It was working in win 7 and linux but now works no where...

I did attempt to flash back to the old version but no change. Is there some kind of trick that I may have pulled off before that I didn't catch this time around? The TBMT app places load on the correct core but once there, it continues to be clocked at the turbo boost 2 speed. FWIW my CPU does not support OC, 1650 v4. Information regarding TBMT online is scant..

Sounds to me like it was removed, at least for your processor, with the updated BIOS. You should contact your motherboard manufacturer for assistance.

I thought TBMT 3 disables when you overclock?
Is the Multicore enhancement active?
Makes sense that it is, but maybe influencing the Boost 3 to disable as all cores can be up to 4GHz depending upon the processor in this setup.

Could be that the BIOS update changed any of these microcode related settings from what you had set.
Cheers

I didn't know it was disabled when you OC. I figured multicore enhancement would break TBMT so that is disabled. I've tried all auto and by specific core, where it tells you with an * which is the "best" core, with no luck.
BTW I did try flashing back to the old BIOS and haven't had any luck there either. I wasn't able to contact Asus yet as it looks like their "contact us" link is still broken.. Not hopeful there at all.

Back