Tsunami Dream and 8800GTX

TheOne&OnlyZeke

100% Irish
god damn this case.
I put in my new 8800 GTX and the drive cage won't fit back in
do you think it would weaken it much if i used my Dremel to cut a retangular hole out of the drive cage?

has anyone else come across this in their case?

A lot of people cut rectangular cutouts in their cases for their 8800's to fit. I say go for it and post pics :D

well i suppose why not eh. as long as i cut a neat enough hole it won't matter a whole lot. might try that later tonight

Just how big *is* that card? :eek:

I have a Tsunami Dream, I can't imagine a video card these days that would take up *that* much space. I look at pics of the card on Newegg and it just doesn't look like it's that big. :confused:

edit: definitely post pics. Before and after would be great, so we get an idea of just how much it overlaps.

Mid tower cases and a GTX is a tight fit. Its always that hard drive cage thats the issue. Unfortunately, the hard drives cant be mounted perpendicularly to the side panel cause the case is not wide enough. Serial ATA drive plugs will end up hitting the side panel. Usually have to install HDD cage and then install video card. And to remove Drive cage means removing video card. What a PITA.

Yeah, sounds more like Tsunami Nightmare.

RMO.

It's a great case. My only complaint is lack of side-panel venting...but then if I cared that much about it I could mod it.

I just measured...it is almost exactly 10.5 inches from the card slot to the HDD cage. And this case is bigger than a lot I've seen. Sounds to me like this vid card is pushing the limits on size and there will be a lot of unhappy consumers finding out it won't fit.

It's a great litttle case designed before the 8800 showed up on the scene.

I only have 1 HDD, and it's installed in a HDD cooler in a 5.25" bay, which happens to be the only bay inside the pc. So this shouldn't even be a problem when my 8800 shows up. Somethin you might look into, depending on how many HDDs you have.

well it didn't require as much cutting as i thought it would
got pics...but dunno where to host them
must reduce they're size aswell
and they are all rubbish pics anyway
=]

Yeah, sounds more like Tsunami Nightmare.

RMO.

Ironic in a sense that Tsunami's usually kill and destroy, usually not associated with good dreams. Those people that name these things speak engrish so ya gotta excuse their Irony.

Ironic in a sense that Tsunami's usually kill and destroy, usually not associated with good dreams. Those people that name these things speak engrish so ya gotta excuse their Irony.

As I understand it, it's sort of a rip of another case that was called the Wave--I personally think the TD is a better case (especially the exterior), but that's pure opinion. Some genius in the Engrish Division of the Marketing Department said "Hey, let's call it a wave without a wave...TSUNAMI!"

The timing of the name was even worse.

Back