cageymaru

Fully [H]
Major chipmakers have tapped Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) as their foundry partner for advanced AI and 5G solutions. These cutting edge designs will be shown at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) trade fair. TSMC is "well on track" for its 5nm EUV process to reach volume production in 2020. This is when TSMC is expect to begin manufacturing next generation Apple 5nm chips for its 2020 iPhones. Qualcomm is ready to unveil its Snapdragon 855 series mobile SoC for 5G smartphones at the trade fair. It also has its Snapdragon X55 5G modem ready for exhibition. Both will be created on TSMC's 7nm FinFET process technology. HiSilicon and MediaTek have tapped TSMC for their 5G product lines as they will feature the foundry's 7nm process also.

In addition, TSMC has obtained 7nm chip orders for 5G related applications including HPC and IoT from AMD, Nvidia, Xilinx, NXP, OmniVision and TI, the sources added. TSMC is expected to secure the first 5nm chip orders from Apple for the 2020 iPhones, the sources continued.

Wow! Feel I'm getting left behind the trendy herd. Better put in my order for 10,000 wafers of 5nm AI 5G RGB mood-lighting controllers for IoT refrigerators before it's too late.

tsmc.jpg

Are there any other eggs that we could possibly put into that basket? FFS This is a setup, I swear.

Just leaves Intel and TSMC as the only two companies that can go smaller than 10nm now?

WTF is this 5G push? I don't think I have seem this before... Makes me paranoid and suspicious :/ ...

WTF is this 5G push? I don't think I have seem this before... Makes me paranoid and suspicious :/ ...

The big data pigs just need to get all your data into the trough faster. Nothing to be concerned about.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Back