Trying to revive a non-functioning GTX 780 Ti

Ski

[H]ard|Gawd
I've had my EVGA GTX 780 Ti sitting in my closet for a few months now since I've migrated to a newer GPU, and I've recently decided to try and sell it but before I did I installed it back onto my system to see if it's still function or not, and to my surprise I was immediately greeted with problems up the wazoo. For whatever reason whenever the drivers are installing (and yes I DDU first) about halfway every single time the screen goes black and a few moments later it blue screens. And upon restarting the computer the OS can't get past boot screen before freezing up or crashing. This happens every single time post installing drivers

I've ruled out my rig completely because my 970 runs completely fine when I plug it back in and re-install the drivers, so I know for a fact the 780 is the culprit. The question is, is this software or hardware related, cuz if it's the former maybe an older driver might work? I haven't tested that yet, but assuming it's not software what are my options?

EDIT: I may attempt to bake it at this rate. I've had success in the past so I may give it a shot.

Last edited:
try it in another system or if you have a spare drive try a fresh windows install on it with the 780ti installed, see what happens. the 780ti is still supported in the current drivers so driver age shouldn't be an issue.

try it in another system or if you have a spare drive try a fresh windows install on it with the 780ti installed, see what happens. the 780ti is still supported in the current drivers so driver age shouldn't be an issue.

Sadly, I don't have one unfortunately otherwise I would have tried that.

Back