Trying to remember what mmorpg this was...

Masejoer

Gawd
Just trying to find an mmorpg that was semi entertaining, not a hack & slash, but not overly complicated, while in beta years(I think) ago. It WAS a mmorpg as guys would run by and I'd see them attacking whatever (unlike guild wars)

It had to have been in 2004, but there was a mmorpg posted, here I believe in Hot Deals as "free", that was in beta. I did a search on these forums and couldn't find anything. My email box only goes back to 01/05. Anyways, after trying numerous trials the last few days, I don't think I've found it yet. If anyone knows of mmorpg games that were in beta around that time, please post em.

Couldn't tell you much about details as the world was small iirc. Horses were obtainable from the starting city but required a bit of money. The game sorta had "sections" of land that were visible. Say the town and surrounding area were one diamond map. You'd follow the path off the screen and you'd enter another section of map. I believe there were 3 races or something, and each one started in its own city. There was some fansite at the time that showed the entire world which was only maybe 15 different maps big. Who knows, maybe it was an alpha version but it was pretty bug free. Player numbers were only in the hundreds I think.

If any of this rings a bell, please post the name of the game. Don't have more than an hour here and there to play and this game seemed perfect for that schedule.

Did that and downloaded many free and p2p trial games. Haven't found it yet. It was around the time Horizons went beta so for days I thought it was that, but nope. Then maybe it was another Atari funded game, only to remember that I saw it here as a "free" game (in the title) and it being stated in the post as a beta for a few more months.

Out of all the people here on the board, I'm sure at least one person knows exactly which game this is/was.

edit:
One point I forgot to mention. There was no way to rotate the screen. north was always at the top of the screen and south at the bottom.

Back