trying to push my mobile xp farther...

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
i have the a7n8x dlx rev1-ish board. i'm running my 35W 2400+ mobile in it, along with some pc3200 OCZ ram. my motherboard is being uncool by not letting me do any high fsbs. i though it was stable at 200mhz (primed for 1 hour w/o a problem) but i started overclocking my video card again and then tried some NWN and it kinda rebooted. so i dropped the fsb to 198 and the video card down a bit, and NWN worked fine. so i think i can't even do 200fsb on this motherboard. and thanks to the stupid 4-bit encoding of the multiplier, i can't do anything over 12.5X multiplier either. which leaves me with a maximum speed of just under 2500mhz, which is marginally (2 seconds) slower at calculating 10000000 digits of pi with pifast43 than my brother's [email protected]. i need to beat him:D i tried pinmodding the cpu using some wire i had lying around, but it was too thick. when the ocinside guy says 'floppy wire' does he mean a single strand from a floppy cable wire? (which would be thinner than the wire i used hopefully) or does he mean the whole wire?

of course, remounting the waterblock i've got on there is an adventure in and of itself, cause the case has to be standing up with how i've got the loop set up, and yeah. no fun:(

but at least it is watercooled and getting good temps (especially when the A/C comes on - i have my [passive] heatercore in front of the A/C vent), so that isn't limiting my fsb. i have the 1008 uber bios, and the chipset voltage is maxed out, along with the memory. the memory is at 2-3-3-6 timings, but it doesn't go any farther with looser timings. does the agp voltage selection affect the chipset voltage on this motherboard? i'd really like to get over 200fsb, but anything over 200fsb crashes outright.

thanks for any/all help.

bump...
i wanna make sure this'll work before i take the stuff out again. i'm not afraid to do it, it is just a major PITA. you have NO idea what a PITA it is to remount my block. well, my sound just got screwed up. sounds like (heh) 198 is a no-go too. damn. time to drop back to 195 (which i could do with an alpha and an 80mm stealth) freaking motherboard. ah well, back to 195x12.5 (though i can do this at 1.6vcore i think)

edit: sound is better now. guess it is just doing what it did before i had southbridge cooling (and now i don't again, because it blocked my video card heatsink) so i have to get some on there. in a bit. still looking for help, tho.

Back