Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters

dtess17

2[H]4U
I'm basically down to two cases.
Just trying to get more input.

i will most likely end up getting a watercooling kit down the road. So that is one of the main factors in choice...but it needs to have good cooling options just incase i stick with air for awhile.

either one a better choice?

If other...please list and why.

Can anyone explain in detail why these Lian Lis are the bee's knees?

That rhymed very well.
I want to get a black Thermaltake Armor case.

bee's knees? please explain

I dont think lian li cases look like a bee at all.

bee's knees = cool or hip or fly or dope or tha shizzle 4 rizzle or fresh ect ect

Here's a few others I'd recommend.
CM Stacker 830
Silverstone Temjin TJ05
Lian Li
Thermaltake Kandalf

I just got the CM Stacker 830 myself. Comes in on Thurday. :D

although many lian li cases are nice...i don't think i feel like spending that much
i looked into all the stackers, and i feel as though the masstige is very similar but alot cheaper.

dtess17 said:
although many lian li cases are nice...i don't think i feel like spending that much
i looked into all the stackers, and i feel as though the masstige is very similar but alot cheaper.

have you ever had Lian Li case before? I rather pay little more to get quality case than pay so much less for quantity case

Hard911 said:
have you ever had Lian Li case before? I rather pay little more to get quality case than pay so much less for quantity case

never owned one no. I've looked at them alot, none of the ones i liked really seemed well fit for the water cooling kit i planned. I really don't feel like modding the case all that much, that's why i have the two cases in the poll there, both are well suited for WC or Air

From your choices the masstige is gonna be the ticket for watercooling. The allmesh front begs for a 3x120mm rad.

thermaltake. when they come to HSF or colling hardware, they suck. they are the candian-tire/futureshop quality company thats only looking to make a cheap buck, well mostly in there liquid cooling i dont really have any beef with their air cooling products... but you get my drift.

the one thing they do really well is cases. the tsunami is coolest case ever. i have sold three and am gonna get one myself. it has too many features, and is built rock solid, and its easy to mount a liquid cooling radiator (i would asume, i have never tried, but the rear exaust looks perfect), and its only a mid-size tower. my plan was to get a black ice Pro/Xtreme II radiator and mount it on the top, however that little usb/sound/lan port makes that impossible. so if you really need a dual radiator, you could just get some long tubes and mount it on the side pannel, or on the bottom (light case modding skills required)

theres also the full sized Shark, its pretty awsome too, but only ever seen one of them, and i hadnt worked on it. you could mount a full tri cooler (ex Black Ice pro III) on the top, cuz there's nothing to abstruct it.

so yea im a big fan of the thermaltake cases.

**if anyone calls me a plant ill shoot them with my new Thermaltake 12 gague shot-gun, good for everything annoying, pick up one today for only $999.99**

dtess17 said:
never owned one no. I've looked at them alot, none of the ones i liked really seemed well fit for the water cooling kit i planned. I really don't feel like modding the case all that much, that's why i have the two cases in the poll there, both are well suited for WC or Air

maybe it's time to try one and I'm sure you won't be disappointed and never look back to any cheap plastic case anymore, Lian Li PC-G70 is one the best watercooling case out there!

My vote goes for the Masstige. The things are very capable of housing a 2.120 or 3.120mm radiator without any modding at all. It's all metal too ;).

Hard911 said:
maybe it's time to try one and I'm sure you won't be disappointed and never look back to any cheap plastic case anymore, Lian Li PC-G70 is one the best watercooling case out there!
How much plastic is there on the Masstige?

/me looks to left
Theres the very bottom that the buttons and front panel ports are molded into and the drive cage locks. Plastic case,,,,,,,,,,, The Gigabyte 3d Aurora has a shitload of plastic too. :rolleyes:

Right now i like the masstige, i can mount the rad right on the front.
also has a fair amount of room.

seems like cooling will be good.

i wasn't planning on a 3x120 rad...but i guess i could fit one huh...hmmm
i wonder if there would really be any cooling benefit of it.

Aurora, twin 12cm radiator with no modding necessary, ports for water tubing if desired, and full tower for water cooling storage and wire routing.

dtess17 said:
i wasn't planning on a 3x120 rad...but i guess i could fit one huh...hmmm
i wonder if there would really be any cooling benefit of it.
think about the epen0s enhancement! :p

On the Aurora, just make sure you switch the 2x120mm fans, they're supposed to be silent fans, not high rpms.

EDIT:: Look how much room there is, and I fixed my loop. (TDX Inlet)
pict08418am.jpg

yeah maybe the 5.25 bays.

i kinda want both cases...but i don't have enough money for that.

you can fit a 120mmx2 rad on the inside of an aurora. gasketed holes on the back panel for tubing, and tons of space between the motherboard and the psu.

87225758_8734c69469.jpg

the cheap catmod nailed on the top isnt there anymore. it broke so i threw it away.

87225729_3ff61a01e2.jpg

Just voted... I've always been partial to Antec cases... Well built, steel, and a wide variety to suit most needs. Just bought a new one tonight. Lots of room and modable as all hell. Also got mine for $121 shipped from Antec B-Stock ($79 for the case, $41 shipping... yeah I know, WOW!, but still cheaper than anywhere else for the case).

A2TheRizzo said:
On the Aurora, just make sure you switch the 2x120mm fans, they're supposed to be silent fans, not high rpms.

EDIT:: Look how much room there is, and I fixed my loop. (TDX Inlet)
pict08418am.jpg

do you have your rad mounted on the back ?

ok guys let me just say i'm dumb, and i didn't really listen, and tried to get off with spending the least amount of money. I bought the masstige and although it is a very very nice case. It's not for me. It feels way to cramped for my watercooling and hardware...i'm somewhat of a neat freak, and a bit OCD so this just didn't work out.

so here is what i have...someone help me find a case for this all. as of right now the ONLY contender is the 3D Aurora.

DFI SLI DR Expert
opty 170
raptor 150 (maybe two soon)
one 250 storage drive ( also might add one more)
sound card.
2x 7800gt
2 gigs of ram.
2x dvd burners

the case needs to have a shot for good wire management, and fit the pump and res for the swiftech kit.

i'll most likely end up using the rad box to mount on the back of the case, unless someone comes up with a good option for something else.

Wire management is doable in the Masstige. Just takes a little work. I'll post pics of mine later. The 3d wont give you much more room at all so that is out as well. Stacker would be the ticket if you needed more room. Look through the watercooling picture thread to see what you think would work better for you.

GlobalFear said:
Wire management is doable in the Masstige. Just takes a little work. I'll post pics of mine later. The 3d wont give you much more room at all so that is out as well. Stacker would be the ticket if you needed more room. Look through the watercooling picture thread to see what you think would work better for you.

it's the placement of the PS and the 2 hard drives that is killing me in the masstige.

i don't want to cram my pump res and rad all right up front, i wanted to space things out a bit more

little update

Thermaltake Armor, Cooler Master Stacker 810, and the Gigabyte #d Aurora are the cases i'm looking at right now.

I checked into the lian li cases, some are nice, but i can not see myself spending nearly
$300 just on the case. not to mention i don't have that much anyways.

dtess17 said:
do you have your rad mounted on the back ?

Yeah, I KNOW the Aurora has a lot more room than the Masstige, I sat them side by side. There are also lots of nooks and crannies that seem to be there for the purpose of WM. The mobo tray is actualy raised an inch or so so you can stuff some cables. My WM was only about 5 minutes worth, it could look spotless if you wanted to.

cool...
it's down to the Aurora or the thermaltake armor, the one without the ugly side window.

if you must choose b/w the two in the poll, i say the aurora

BUT

if u want the best, Lian Li V1000/V2000...perfection: air flow at its absolute best

If you lay the case out correctly the Armour can give you great wire management. Get the aluminum one and use a dremel to open up the front of the Motherboard tray and you can get alot of the wiring behind the motherboard. Cut the motherboard tray where the CPU socket mount is and you will be able to remove the stock mount for through bolts for the watercooling without removing the motherboard once it has been installed.

Mine is sitting next to me in the box waiting for me to find time to cut mod it.

Back