• Gigabyte 3D Aurora

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Aerocool Masstige

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
GlobalFear said:
What about the stacker? The best out of the 3 by far personally.

to be 100% honest i just don't know...everytime i think i know what i want something else shows up.

I do like the stacker, but i feel it's lacking just a bit in the looks department.
The TT Armor seems to have a very similar set up, and has some style to it.
The Aurora is pretty sweet looking, but now that i have read more reviews and looked into it even more i think i might end up passing on it. The issue with the hard drive bay killing the airflow is something that might break it for this case.

i think i like the idea of having mesh all in the front....ie stacker/ armor style. Seems like it would really help airflow. also with all those drive bays looks like finding the right fit for my drives would be easy.

Thanks to everyone that has posted...sometimes i can be a real pain in the ass when trying to choose something. I just want it to be perfect.

i should know what i am buying within a few days.

Nobody said:
If you lay the case out correctly the Armour can give you great wire management. Get the aluminum one and use a dremel to open up the front of the Motherboard tray and you can get alot of the wiring behind the motherboard. Cut the motherboard tray where the CPU socket mount is and you will be able to remove the stock mount for through bolts for the watercooling without removing the motherboard once it has been installed.

Mine is sitting next to me in the box waiting for me to find time to cut mod it.

i'd love to see pics when you get around to modding it.
it does look like it could make everything look nice and neat.

My Top Cases for water coolin' (IMO):
1. Lian-Li PC-V2000 >>> drill the top for a 2 or 3x120mm rad and you're flyin.
2. Lian Li PC-7077>>> the only dis is that it isnt 100% 120mm fans...but its got a stack of 13 open bays in the front...yoiu could mount a 3x120mm rad up there and still have room for a couple DVD-roms.
3. I hate thermaltake...but... VD2000 matrix has a full mesh front, nice bezel, and doesnt look super-gay like those armor cases with their useless flaps. I am putting water cooling next to it though (a huge passive system mounted on the wall) as its internals arent too spaced.
4. cubedpc.com 13" acrylic cube. If you like acrylic and 120mm fans, and cubes...this case is the shizzle. The layout just begs watercool. how I wish Lian-Li would base an aluminum V series design off of this case.
5.CM Stacker...the old one. Pretty much all the new CMs and thermaltakes are garbage...and Silverstones are just a PITA of old-school looking overpriced crap.

i had a watercooled masstige and loved it. People who say it is not very good quality prolly never seen one. I found it to be as nice if not nicer than my Silverstone TJ06. Everything seemed to fit a lot nicer on the aerocool over the silverstone, not to say the silverstone wasn't nice tho. W/the masstige you can keep your watercooled rig clean and have nothing floatin on the outside of the case. Plus for the price its hard to beat. My 2 cents

Kid8 said:
i had a watercooled masstige and loved it. People who say it is not very good quality prolly never seen one. I found it to be as nice if not nicer than my Silverstone TJ06. Everything seemed to fit a lot nicer on the aerocool over the silverstone, not to say the silverstone wasn't nice tho. W/the masstige you can keep your watercooled rig clean and have nothing floatin on the outside of the case. Plus for the price its hard to beat. My 2 cents

the masstige is a very nice case, but the set up of the power supply and two hard drive bays kinda kills placement for the pump, and res. I don't want to cram everything up front.

there is more room than you think. i had my dual 120 rad from the bottom of the case up the bays and had room fro my aquacomputer pump and res attachment.

i tried putting everything in the other day, just didn't fit right, after i mounted my rad and placed my pump up front, there was no room for my res.without making tubing a bitch.

i just wasn't happy with it

dtess.... have you noticed something....:confused:

from the begining of the thread you've had 1 case always present.:D

Just get the Junkabyte... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just hate that company. Never done me right with their products or Customer Support. :mad:

MC FLMJIG said:
dtess.... have you noticed something....:confused:

from the begining of the thread you've had 1 case always present.:D

Just get the Junkabyte... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just hate that company. Never done me right with their products or Customer Support. :mad:

i had horrid luck with their motherboards.
i spend half the night last night going through the pro's and cons of each case.
seems as though the stacker has most of the features of the gigabyte case, and has some other features that are pretty cool. Only problem is it is a little plain looking.

the armor has a lot of the features of the stacker, as a little better looks, but lacks the 2nd rear 120mm fan.

i think i might just have my girlfriend choose the damn case for me.
I think hardware is soooo much easier to buy, i know what is it, i know what it does...done
a case is so much more personal, it's the home for all your stuff...and you have to look at it, or hear it everyday.

dtess17 said:
i had horrid luck with their motherboards.

i think i might just have my girlfriend choose the damn case for me.
I think hardware is soooo much easier to buy, i know what is it, i know what it does...done
a case is so much more personal, it's the home for all your stuff...and you have to look at it, or hear it everyday.

I hate them as well... 1 product, 9250, worked well.

I think that my be ur best bet.. let her decide... If shes good a designing and making stuff look good. All the women in my life have had taht knack.

If all else fails blame her if you don't like it!!!

I would vote for a lian-li... they look kind of plain but are probably of the highest quality.

i like the pc plus series with space for a few 120mm fans.

it's in the hands of the girl now...
she has my credit card, and i gave her a list of the cases i like...and some other idea for a case. I gave her a max budget of $200

i hope this works out, but as someone said if it doesn't i can blame her.

You gave a woman a credit card and said 'here's a list of what I can get and dont spend more than $200'??? Yeah, you must not be too with-it. Dont be shocked when the case comes and its something not even on the list because 'she found something that was smaller and cuter'. Oh, and since its a credit card, the bill bill be $400 rather than $200.
:D

the gigabyte aurora is really nice. It will support any watercooling system you throw at it. The only draw back is how huge it is.

undertheradar said:
You gave a woman a credit card and said 'here's a list of what I can get and dont spend more than $200'??? Yeah, you must not be too with-it. Dont be shocked when the case comes and its something not even on the list because 'she found something that was smaller and cuter'. Oh, and since its a credit card, the bill bill be $400 rather than $200.
:D

although i wouldn't be shocked if she got a "cute" case she won't spend any more money on my card then i said too. Maybe i'm just really lucky but she usually listens to me.

now that's not to say if she only spends $150 on the case she might not buy some shoes...but who really cares? If she is happy then i'm not being bugged about anything

the gigabyte is at least as big as the old antec 1030 cases. i have more parts than you and my case looks empty. airflow is not great, but you r watercooling. price is reasonable for a well made,large aluminum case.

GlobalFear said:
The Gigabyte 3d Aurora has a shitload of plastic too. :rolleyes:
Have you actually ever seen one, Theres not much plastic at all, Just parts of the front panel and the side window molding. you really have to give it to gigabyte for there choice of materials, they used the right materials in the right places, most of the case is aluminum, the rear panel is heavy Steel, to support the weight of a Huge radiator, the front panel is merly cosmetic, and is made of Aluminum and Plastic, very High Quality on the fit and finish on all parts! this is no cheapass case, it is worth every Penny you pay for it!

GlobalFear said:
Nice work taking that out of context, diablo.
How did I take it out of Context, it was pretty clear to me. Just letting the OP know that it was a very high quality case! sorry if I misunderstood your point.

Hard911 said:
maybe it's time to try one and I'm sure you won't be disappointed and never look back to any cheap plastic case anymore, Lian Li PC-G70 is one the best watercooling case out there!

GlobalFear said:
How much plastic is there on the Masstige?

/me looks to left
Theres the very bottom that the buttons and front panel ports are molded into and the drive cage locks. Plastic case,,,,,,,,,,, The Gigabyte 3d Aurora has a shitload of plastic too. :rolleyes:

If you can't see the blatant sarcasm there I don't know how to help you.

i modded an AeroCool Spiral Galaxies

check newegg or wherever. i cut 2x80mm holes at the back for the HD and 1x80mm + 1x120mm on the acrylic window as an intake/exhaust for PCI-E & PCI related devices

lmk if you'd be interested and i'll get pictures

i'm pretty sure it's the 810...that's the one i had wrote down for her...even if she "messed up" and got the t01 it's still pretty much the same. As long as she didn't get the new 830 which i don't care for that much.

GlobalFear said:
If you can't see the blatant sarcasm there I don't know how to help you.
Again, I apoligise, You got to remember, I cant hear your tone of voice or see youe expressions, so it is sometimes hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic. After reading it several times I see it now, Sorry again! Dropped!

I have never had a Lian Li case, I only have seen a few on the Shelves at Comp USA. There was a few things that turned me off about them, One was that there was more than enough room for Dual 80mm Fans in the rear panel, yet there was only a single fan mounted in the center, which made it hard to mod it to allow 2 80mm Fans and have it look good. Also I felt they look really plain, not much charactor to them at all. i can not say how the newer Lian-Li cases are now, as I haven't even really looked att hem, But I do have the Gigabyte case and really like it, is it perfect, no, no case is, But is is a damn nice case, be looking for what I am doing with mine in the case gallery in the next couple months!

Back