Trying to install linux ubuntu

91ZX

Limp Gawd
I'm gonna try giving linux a shot with a dual boot but I'm having trouble making the install disk. I dl'ed the version I want, now using "InfraRecorder" (which was recommended by the linux distributer) I'm trying to make the disk but it says burn the .ISO file but the file I dl'ed is in a winrar format?? Am I suppose to go through the compressed file and look for a certain ISO file?

If you didn't install a program that handles .iso formats then winrar will associate itself with those files by default. If you do the right click properties thing of the icon even though it looks like a winrar file, there is a good chance it is actually an ISO which can be burned by the program of your choice.

well, you don't need one really - but a lot of people use daemon tools which is free. I use powerISO which has a built in tool to burn .iso files which I find to be pretty handy.

edit: what I meant to say is that you don't need a program to be associated with that file type so as long as you have a program that can burn the file, cause thats all your after here.

UltraISO is free for creating/editing iso files 300MB or smaller and will burn any ISO file just fine. If you have Roxio Easy CD Creator or Nero Burning ROM, both of those can burn ISO files.

got it up and running now I just gotta figure out why the keyboard isn't working and OS selection in the start of the boot...installing all patches and updates maybe that will help...

is it a USB keyboard? Make sure USB legacy support is enabled in your BIOS

Will do, I never knew there was such an option. I always use to switch out to my old keyboard whenever it didn't work...thx:)

Back