Trying to hook up Xbox 360 using two wireless routers. Can it be done?

Iconz

Gawd
I have a Belkin pre-N wireless router (F5D8230-4) hooked into my cable modem upstairs, which of course feeds the wireless signal to my house. I want to have my old Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router connected to my xbox 360 downstairs as a wireless "adapter". Is this possible? If so, how? In case you haven't guessed, I don't want to spend $100 for the xbox wireless adapter, or have to run 100+ ft of Cat5 to the across the house.

bridge

hook it up just like your thinking. have the router hooked the to xbox on its own network then bridge the 2 togeather. both the routers should allow for this.

if only one does, just hook that router to your box and bridge it to a wireless network card on one of your computers, and use ICS in xp.

The older linksys will not bridge

You can do the other suggestion though you wouldn't use ICS. If you have a wired and wireless card in the machine near the XBox you simply bridge those connections. WIreless to the parent router, and ethernet to the switch on the Linksys, with the 360 hooked up to that same switch via ethernet. ICS is not only unecessary, it likely wouldn't work anyway. Might, but no need to even find out.

Back