Trying to go from LOUD air cooling to a vapochil unit, but where to buy one?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
I would love to have a reliable way to cool my computers (really only my gaming one) on air it runs pretty cool for being overclocked. Runs @ its highest 38c, and thats after playing UT2004 for an hour. Where can I purchase a complete vapochil unit at? and are they simple to install? Thanks people.... ;)

I seriously doubt that your temp is 38C max, considering you cant check it during play
by the tiem you check the temp, it has already cooled some

and installing a vapochill is very complex and VERY dangerous if you fuck it up

yeah, i would seriously consider watercooling before phase-change, because there are precautions taken in WCing that will help you in PC (phase-change)....as stated, it is very dangerous and can potentially kill your PC (personal computer :p)

but yeah, its somewhat challenging to set up, from my knowledge, you just have to insulate the core and use silicon gel, and a few other things to make it completely safe, but like i said, i would go with watercooling first, and then later, if you still need to, go to PS (phase-change)

other than that, you can get a unit in a few places (here's one for $829 http://www.jab-tech.com/customer/product.php?productid=2338&cat=0&page=1)

not gonna get much cheaper than that...but i really really do recommend watercooling!

i'm really sorry too for going kinda offtopic, but phase-change is just not something that many people can do, have time for, or have the money for, and watercooling is safer (not much if you follow all safety precautions) and cheaper (>$500 cheaper)

so yeah, hope that helps!

alex

newls1 said:
I would love to have a reliable way to cool my computers (really only my gaming one) on air it runs pretty cool for being overclocked. Runs @ its highest 38c, and thats after playing UT2004 for an hour. Where can I purchase a complete vapochil unit at? and are they simple to install? Thanks people.... ;)
I installed mine in about 2.5 hours, but the preparation includes reading material/manual and sprayed my motherboard with acrylic conformal coating to cover against condensation(around cpu socket area-front and back) took me 1 week. It ran flawlessly and no problem. Follow the user manual to the T.

Back