Trying to get Ryzen 1600 100% stable

I am having a hard time getting my ryzen 1600 100% stable.
My goal is to run 3.7GHz and 2933 on the memory and be stable.
It works just fine until I fire up prime95 smallfft and it BSODs after a few minutes.
Sometimes it will bsod randomly after a week up uptime (I keep it running 24/7 as this machine serves many roles, Gaming PC, light webserver, softetherVPN server, file shares, encoding, VMs, etc)

Specs:
ASrock killer SLI/AC Latest 4.60 BIOS
Ryzen 1600 @3.7 Deepcool Gammax 400 cooler
Team 2x16GB 3000MHz Hynix, dual rank @2933
RX580 8GB Red Devil
840pro SSD
Thermaltake 750 bronze

I am using pState overclocking.
Here are my voltage settings:

-vcore 1.275 @ 3.7 (I know I can run lower, but i keep it high to rule it out)
-soc 1.1v
-RAM 1.35v @2933
-CPU LLC on 2 (I'm pretty sure LLC is backwards on ASrock. LLC1=most aggressive setting (verified in testing))
-SOC LLC on 5 (default)
-Core performance boost off (XFR?)
-All other settings on auto

I am 99% sure its my RAM that's not stable cause I can bring it down to 2666MHz and it doesn't BSOD doing small FFTs, and can stay running for weeks, but for some reason my Mobo applies 2933MHz after a reboot even though it is set to 2666 (1467 or whatever) in the BIOS, but that is a whole other problem. I tried 1.4v on the RAM but it still BSODs, i'm thinking is the soc voltage but I don't know the limits of what the soc can take.

Any help would be appreciated.

From what I've experienced with Hynix ram it may be the issue. I saw a review where enabling XMP profile yesterday that auto voltage popped up to 1.4V. I have Corsair Hynix chip 3200. Can't get it to work at that speed except in Ryzen Master now. I'm beginning to suspect there is something wrong with SPD profiles associated with Hynix chip RAM.
Have you tried bumping the memory voltage?

give all the voltages a bit of a bump or up the llc one notch and your ram can take up to 1.45v no prob.

Ok, I'll give a voltage bump across the board when I get back from work and see if it helps.

Last edited:
OK so I upped the voltage:
RAM 1.45v
SOC 1.2v

With settings I was still getting crashes, so I figured what the heck give some more vcore, (even though I tested this overclock over 6 months ago)
Set vcore to 1.287
I am now able to run Prime95 small ffts without crashing and even intelburn test also.

I guess my CPU degraded some or my vcore is becoming more saggy with these BIOS updates.

I will now see if it BSODs after running for a week or so (not stress testing for a week that would be nuts!)

So far so good.
Would you guys consider these voltages to be OK running 24/7?
RAM: 1.45v
SOC: 1.2v
VVT DDR: 0.73v

My CPU temps seem to be a little high running prime95 (Getting up to 83C). I have a Gammaxx 400 tower cooler so temps should be a bit better, maybe it needs to be cleaned, or a better TIM job. How do you guys normally apply TIM/Thermal Paste?

My CPU temps seem to be a little high running prime95 (Getting up to 83C). I have a Gammaxx 400 tower cooler so temps should be a bit better, maybe it needs to be cleaned, or a better TIM job. How do you guys normally apply TIM/Thermal Paste?

1.45 for the CPU at that speed is a little high. A 1600 system I put together took 1.3v for 3.6ghz. I'd drop it to 1.35 and see how it goes.
As for TIM I put a small gob in the middle then small dabs around it halfway to the edges of the ihs.

Do you have a different Powersupply to try? I can run my 1600 in my mining rig at 3.7ghz with 1.25v. Does your voltage fluctuate within CPUZ? If it does, you may be getting some vdroop. Good luck!

1.45 for the CPU at that speed is a little high. A 1600 system I put together took 1.3v for 3.6ghz. I'd drop it to 1.35 and see how it goes.
As for TIM I put a small gob in the middle then small dabs around it halfway to the edges of the ihs.

Im running 1.287v on the vcore not 1.45v.
my Ram is at 1.45v lol

Seems to be stable so far. My PC rebooted for the April Updates so now the uptime test resets to zero again.

Hmm my crashes with my 2200g were either related to vdroop or ram timimgs. More often then not it was ram timings. Easy way to rule timings out as an issue is to make them unnecessarily loose and see if it fixes your crashing issue

So........I just happened to acquire a 1700 from a friend that was upgrading to the 2700x, so now I will be selling the 1600.
I must say, this 1700 is a great clocker compared to my 1600.
I'm at 4.0GHz 1.35v everything else stock, (Lowest LLC lots of vdroop)
VRMs get a little toasty (96c running prime95)
I'm back to 8 cores again lol! (8320E to 1700)

So........I just happened to acquire a 1700 from a friend that was upgrading to the 2700x, so now I will be selling the 1600.
I must say, this 1700 is a great clocker compared to my 1600.
I'm at 4.0GHz 1.35v everything else stock, (Lowest LLC lots of vdroop)
VRMs get a little toasty (96c running prime95)
I'm back to 8 cores again lol! (8320E to 1700)
With a little extra airflow over the VRMs, you should be fine

Back