Trying to friggin watercool my visiontek x800pro

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
Hey guys just got my visiontek x800 in the mail today, took one day to get to me lol.
Anyway, i OC'ed this thing to 563core 560mem....but, i know it can go more.

My previous setup had a koolance GPU cooler on the 9700pro, but now its sitting inside my comp wasting away.

Why? i cant get the damned screws off the back of the card to get the heatsink fan off. I already stripped the screws without even trying hard. This blows goats...any ideas on how to get it off? safely of course.

eeek!

You already stripped the screws? On that new card? :eek: Good luck on gettin' them out. You got WAY more balls than I do when it comes to messing with $400 cards! ;)

Dremmel + cutting wheel & clean it off good.
But in my opinion I'd leave it alone!

no no no, he has the waterblock on his 9700. he wants to put it on the x800.

if the screws are big enough, there are drill bits that drill *into* the screw and pull it out. i have never used one personally, and you may destroy your 9700, but it also may work.

well no point in buying a new waterblock if i cant get the heatstink off the x800. the koolance one did fine as well, did my 9700 some good. But ill probably see if i can borrow my friends drill bit thta can pull stripped screws out.

went to sears and bout a 7pc set of craftsman drillout, screwout bits...oh man i dont wanna punch a hole into this stinkin 1 day old x800....wheres my diazepam ;)

woot, its alive!

thing popped off like a breeze, insert screw here, thermal paste there, block here...and voila! watercooled visiontek x800.

gpitpitan said:
woot, its alive!

thing popped off like a breeze, insert screw here, thermal paste there, block here...and voila! watercooled visiontek x800.

I too have my 9700 with a koolance waterblock. I was wondering if it would transfer over on an x800 card w/o any issues. Glad to know it does!! :D

yep, no issues, just easy on taking the heatsink off but if you got the right screwdriver, it should be a breeze.

still doing tests but at....stock i got 18748 3dmark2001....gonna run atitool a bit overnight and see what the autotest gets.

You don't get much more out of the waterblock since these babies overclock like crazy stock. I was able to bring the GPU temp down to 32c and it never moves with the AC GPU block.

ACPic2.jpg

would be kinda cool to see a water cooled x800 match or beat the Xtreme edition with 4 less pipes. :D

Back