Trying to find I/O shield for ASRock 990FX Extreme4 Motherboard

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
I got off of eBay the other day a used ASRock 990FX Extreme4 motherboard to house a FX-8150 that was given to me after a friend upgraded to a FX-8350. The guy didn't sent the I/O shield with it. I have looked high and low on eBay and can't find one for sale. I contacted ASRock tech support days ago and only got the automated email back, nothing more.

Anyone know any place that might have one to buy? I can probably live without the I/O shield but if I choose to sell this (very likely) it would look better with it.

Disregard this post, I thought I had found one but I was wrong. Good luck on your search though!

I have ordered a BIOS chip direct from ASRock before, so I am betting that they will have the I/O shield available for your board.

The first reply will be an automated reply. Pretty sure it should have some sort of info in it on on what you need to do.

I take it you filled out the tech support form on their web page?

Yeah, filled out form on site then got automated response and nothing since then. I found a phone # for ASRock and will try it today.

how about this.. contact the seller of your mobo from ebay and ask about it, if he won't fork it over, go for negative rating.

how about this.. contact the seller of your mobo from ebay and ask about it, if he won't fork it over, go for negative rating.

LOL. I'm kinda thinking that the I/O shield was not listed as being included in the auction.

Oh I knew there was no mention of it coming with the backplate. I forgot to call ASRock yesterday.

Back