Trying to figure out iPad model numbers

THRESHIN

2[H]4U
Keep in mind that I'm an apple idiot. I know nothing about their stuff. Trying to order an ipad case for the mother in law for Christmas.

It's a 5th gen ipad and although I do have the model number, it's not matching up with the numbers for any case I can find. Hers is MP2G2CL/A. Model numbers for cases I'm finding is something like A1983.

Anyone care to clear this up for me?

Apple products can have multiple identifiers. A quick search for the model number in the OP shows this info page which lists A1822 as another synonymous identifier.

Powerbook Medic is ordinarily very useful for finding such models and part numbers but seems in this case it didn't have an entry for that model when I searched.

Apple products can have multiple identifiers. A quick search for the model number in the OP shows this info page which lists A1822 as another synonymous identifier.

Powerbook Medic is ordinarily very useful for finding such models and part numbers but seems in this case it didn't have an entry for that model when I searched.

Thank you so much! I tried searching but didn't come up with anything. Now I can finish my Christmas shopping!

I'm not even going to ask why apple would have multiple model numbers....

Thank you so much! I tried searching but didn't come up with anything. Now I can finish my Christmas shopping!

I'm not even going to ask why apple would have multiple model numbers....
Its been that way at least since the ipad era if not longer. Doesn't make too much sense but thats just how they have done it.

those numbers will just confuse you, just look for gen and size.
ps: they reuse the "A" numbers between models....

Back