Trying To Bitstream

PolygonGTC

[H]ard|Gawd
I just upgraded the video card in my HTPC to a 5450. It's supposed to able to support bitstream for the uncompressed codecs. However, on my receiver I only get PCM so it's not bitstreaming. I looked at the driver for the HDMI audio and it says that it's only 2ch. It also says it's a MS driver.

Yes, my reciever can do the uncompressed codecs
Yes, I'm trying this using a BD with an uncompressed codec
Yes, I'm running the latest driver from ATi (Driver Only)
Yes, I'm running the latest patch of Arc Soft TMT3

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Yes, my reciever can do the uncompressed codecs
Yes, I'm trying this using a BD with an uncompressed codec

We can really only help if we have details. What receiver are you using? What Blu-Ray are you using? Is the HDMI cable from your PC hooked directly into the receiver or is it hooked into your TV which is then hooked up into the receiver?

You never know where the problem is so it is best that we have all the details.

We can really only help if we have details. What receiver are you using? What Blu-Ray are you using? Is the HDMI cable from your PC hooked directly into the receiver or is it hooked into your TV which is then hooked up into the receiver?

You never know where the problem is so it is best that we have all the details.

did you uninstall the drivers for the previous card?

what AVR?

1. AVR is a Yamaha RX-V765.
2. BD is The Fifth Element, remastered of course.
3. HDMI cable is hooked directly to the receiver.
4. Tried various cables, all known goods.

5. This has been bothering me, but no, I did not remove the old card drivers first. Coming from a 4xxx series to a 5xxx series has screwed me I think. I just can't seem to get it to work. I can get it to where it now realizes that it's an ATI HDMI port, but still it's stuck in 2ch with NO decoders listed below. I've decided to do a clean install and see if that will fix it. I've tried everything I can on this install. I'll get back to you guys if that doesn't fix it.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I noticed that I can't get it to bitstream anything via the HDMI. My 360 will not bitstream DD nor will my DTV receiver which I know that both sources were sending DD. Now, I've read somewhere that has something to do with trying to output HDMI audio to both the AMP and the TV. I'm going to switch to AMP only and see.

try removing the ATI drivers and use a driver cleaner to get all the temp files, reg and shared files out..
then restart and reload the full driver suite with CC...

if that doesn't work... throw in another HDD, fresh install and see if it works.... if it does than format and reinstall... if not check on AVS forums about your AVR, maybe it has issues...

that is what i would do

Yeah, I tried that with no luck. I already did the clean install and now it's installed like it's supposed to. It's showing that it's output is 8ch and has as all the codecs listed below. I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I need to reconfigure and install everything. What a PITA but it should be working now.

As for the AVR, I was actually on AVS most of the night trying to find out what is up with it. I know I need to do a firmware update tomorrow so I can reassign the analog audio to the component inputs. That's also where I read about the TV+AMP issue. I switched it to amp only and it's now bitstreaming in DD. So, now I need to run the HDMI for the DTV to the TV and run TOSSlink to the AVR.

Once I get everything back up I'll post up and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Have you gone into the properties for your sound output of choice and made sure everything in "Supported Formats" is correctly configured?

What do you mean?

All of them are listed in the supported formats. Is that what you mean, or is there something more?

What do you mean?

All of them are listed in the supported formats. Is that what you mean, or is there something more?

Assuming you are using Windows 7....

Control Panel > Sound > Select your HDMI output on the Playback tab and click Properties > Supported Formats tab

Make sure all the proper supported codecs/frequencies are checked.

Back